Chapter 23

After Hayley took down the names, Marcel and Elijah went to talk to Annie's husband. I went through a few grimoires, looking for some kind of spell that would help find them, but came up empty. Hayley's phone started ringing, so she answered it, putting it on speaker. Elijah explained to us that Annie was dead. "She killed herself?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes, drowned herself in the Mississippi, to be precise. Celeste had clearly tired of the body and was ready to take Sabine's," Elijah explained.

"How do you know that?" Hayley spoke up.

"She leapt to her death from the very location Celeste and I had our first kiss."

"Poetic, I guess, in a creepy, vendetta kind of way," Hayley commented and I chuckled.

"All these names, these lives, stolen so that Celeste might take her revenge. I suppose we have no choice but to see where they take us. I have to go."

"Elijah, wait," Hayley said quickly, taking the phone off speaker and walking out of the room. I raised a brow, smirking as I went back to the grimoire in my lap.

***

"Not much. She was a nurse at the Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium," I heard Hayley say as I walked into the office. She sat at the desk on her laptop while Marcel and Elijah stood beside her. I came to a stop behind her chair, looking down at the picture she had pulled up. "Recognize her? Top row, second from the right." Hayley pointed her out as Elijah shook his head.

"Wait," I spoke up, my eyes focused on a woman on the far left of the picture. "Her. I've seen her before."

"You have?" Hayley asked, examining the woman.

"She came into my shop yesterday. She bought some herbs." Marcel moved away from the desk, arms crossed over his chest.

"Marcel? Do I need to remind you that Niklaus and Rebekah are somewhere suffering horribly?" Elijah questioned, seeing that Marcel was holding back. "If you know something...talk."

"The Sanatorium. That's where you'll find them," he announced, Hayley and I sharing confused looks.

"Are you sure? How do you know?" I questioned.

"I just know."

"How do you know?" Elijah asked firmly.

Marcel sighed, "If I'm right, you need to know exactly what we're walking into. We did something, Rebekah and I." Elijah raised his eyebrows as he crossed his arms over his chest. "I think the witches are trying to use it against her. It's something you're not gonna like."

"What did you do, Marcel?"

***

"For the better part of a century, I have wondered how our father found us, what foolish mistake that we had made to destroy our time in the one place that we could finally call home. Did you know, I even blamed myself for a time, Marcellus?" Elijah was mad, no – pissed. Even though he showed great restraint, I don't think I'd ever seen him this mad in all the time I've known him. Marcel had just revealed that he and Rebekah had brought Mikael here centuries ago. Before I knew what had happened, Marcel was pressed up against the wall on the other side of the room with Elijah's hand wrapped around his throat. "Niklaus treated you like a son," Elijah growled as Hayley quickly got up from her seat. "Rebekah –," Marcel cut him off.

"I loved her. I still love her. All we ever wanted was to be together, but as long as Klaus was around, that was never gonna happen. But hey, I guess you wouldn't know anything about that, huh?" Elijah hesitated for a moment before releasing Marcel.

"When Niklaus learns the truth, there will be no end to his rage. I will not let my sister suffer that wrath," Elijah growled, getting in Marcel's face. Marcel pushed past him before turning to look back at him.

"Then we need to get to them before he learns the truth."

So this chapter is kind of crap.

If you plan on watching the Super Bowl on Sunday, which team are you rooting for? Or are you just watching for the commercials and Justin Timberlake? I'm rooting for the Eagles, but am definitely looking forward to JT and the commercials :)

Follow me on Twitter for story updates! @THEmrshstyles 

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017/2018.