Part 30 : mistral menace pt.2

Start from the beginning

Me : "something big ? Tell me more"

Bartender : "they're going to conduct a night raid"

Me : "don't they do that all the time ?" I asked as he just smiled.

Bartender : "but this time, they're not targeting villages or little towns. They're going big on this one. A city perhaps ?"

Me : "which city ?"

Bartender : "I can't seem to find out the exact location, but i overheard a tribesmen saying something about making weapons"

Me : "making weapons ? Are they going to raid materials from the city ?"

Bartender : "that would most likely be the case"

Me : "hmm... then they're probably looking for a city that is rich with metallic elements"

Bartender : "yes, and i know just the place" he said with a grin on his face before pulling out his scroll. He then showed me a map of mistral before he zoomed in to show a location of a city.

Me : "hmmm.... Tetsutoshi ?"

Bartender : "yes, the city of iron"

Me : "perfect, how far is it ?"

Bartender : "one hour from here with an aircraft"

Me : "tell me more about the city"

Bartender : "at the edge of the city, there's a mine rich with dusts, iron and all sorts of other metallic elements" he said while showing me pictures of the mines in his scroll.

Me : "continue"

Bartender : "the city is protected by anti-Grimm fortifications manned by dozens of soldiers per shift, along with some turrets for extra protection"

Me : "hmm....... can the tribe really raid such a heavily fortified city ?"

Bartender : "you never know. Besides, i heard that someone from the tribe is very powerful" he said with a hint of fear in his voice. He must be talking about Raven.

Me : "well then, good job. I'll be going now" i said as we shook hands. We then walked our separate ways.

Bartender : "good luck!!" He said in the distance as i kept walking towards the forest to find the dropship i hid yesterday.

(Time skip one hour)

After i found the dropship, i headed east towards Tetsutoshi, the city of iron. When i was finally near the city, i hid the dropship within the forest. I then proceeded on foot towards the edge of the forest where i can get a good look towards the city gates. The walls were a ten meters high, guarded by soldiers armed to the teeth. Whatever plan that Raven made for the raid, it must be big. And it's going down tonight. Now, i can only wait.

(Time skip a few hours)

It had been a few hours after the skies got dark. It must be midnight by now. I stood on top of a tree waiting for the tribe to come. The whole forest was quiet until i saw something coming from the north. I used a binoculars to get a better visual. I couldn't believe what i saw. A cart filled with explosives being pushed by the bandits. It looked like their plan was to blow up the walls and attack directly. As they were pushing the cart towards the edge of the forest, i saw it as the time to intervene. I jumped off the tree and charged towards the tribesmen before throwing a flash grenade at them temporarily blinding them. I then used the wind to quickly disarm them. There were only a about two dozens of them there. But where are the rest ? I then threw another flash grenade. but this time, i used the bottom end of my scimitar to knock out each and every one of them, except for a few. When their vision returned, they were already disarmed and were tied up to a tree.