|Chapter XLVII|

One day you will look back and see that all along you were blooming

Chapter 47: You better cry

In all the years I've been alive, attending a wedding wasn't on my agenda. The closest I've been to witnessing a wedding was on Bridesmaids. Therefore, I didn't know what to expect. But watching Madison and Cali do final arrangements gave me an insight.

There was so much do. Book a venue, get catering, hire a photographer, dress fitting and so much more. That was only half of it. It amazed me how she stayed sane throughout the time being. No wonder some girls ended up calling off the wedding.

But I could tell it was all worth it once Madison stepped foot on the aisle. The white dress moulded perfectly against her skin sitting bellow the shoulders highlighting her collarbone. Her sleeves were made of transparent lace covered in small detailing. It didn't show too much but just enough. Travelling down to the bottom half of her dress lead to a full skirt covering her feet that wore a pair of Nike Air Max 97's.

I could see her smile capture joy beneath her veil. It was a contrast to how she was just an hour ago. Minutes before she was all ready to get married, her whole world came crashing down on her.

The bouquet Madison was given consisted of the wrong arrangement of flowers. Instead of the delicate light pink and yellow flowers and roses, she held fall pumpkin orange, yellow and apple red ones divergent to the wedding decorations.

It might've seemed like a minor issue but with Madison it was different. She was a perfectionist and if something wasn't right, she was bound to have a mental breakdown. I could tell she was on the verge on tears though I had to remind her that she couldn't ruin her makeup.

"What am I supposed to do?" She frowned looking into the mirror. "These are fall colours!"

"Madi, don't stress. We'll think of something." Cali soothed her, rubbing her shoulders.

"Like what?" She spun around in frustration.

Nobody knew what to do as she started walking around the room in her wedding gown. Cali sent everyone else out of the room leaving me and Madison's maid of honour, Willow.

"I'm calling off the wedding."

"Woah. Let's take things in proportion." Her best friend interjected. "You don't need a bouquet to get marry."

"Yes, I do. They complement my dress so well. I'm going to look like a plain Jane out there. The wedding's off."

Madison stalked to the neighbouring room throwing the bouquet and removed her veil. She wasn't joking. She really wasn't getting married.

"She can't be serious. She's about to get married." Willow stressed. I'd only just met her recently and could notice that she cared for her best friend.

"What now? Should we just talk to her?"

"No, she won't listen." She paused. "I have an idea."

She rushed out of the hotel room and soon came back with Nicholas. He was dressed in his all black tuxedo with a flower in his blazer pocket that was supposed to be like Madison's bouquet.

"Where is she?"

"In there."

"He can't be here. Isn't it bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the ceremony." I asked. Madison's day wasn't turning the way she hoped, the last thing she needed was bad luck.

"I won't be long."

He knocked on the locked door waiting for a response. "Cariño.[Sweetie.]"

"Nicky?"