|Chapter XXII|

When you are angry, be silent

Chapter 22: We're best friends

I swiped the keycard through the censer that flickered green making an unlatching sound from the door. My hand pulled down the handle as I looked back to get my bags. Once I stepped in the room I lifted my head and a frown immediately appeared on my face.

When I thought about this trip, nothing but good things came to mind. Memories would be created and I would enjoy myself in Europe. But the universe did not want my tour to be completely perfect. For the next two weeks I had to share a hotel room with a certain cheerleader.

The school had wanted to make things easier and assigned us to one roommate for the whole trip. Personally, they were just making things harder for me.

Her back was faced towards me as she looked out the large window with her phone pressed to her ear. She hadn't seen me yet and I didn't want her to. I could see that she was furious based on her body language.

"...I'm going to sue them. How on Earth could they let this happen? Do they know how valuable all my things are?!" She yelled, her blonde hair bouncing at each word she exclaimed.

Quietly I closed the door and stood there waiting for her to finish rambling about who knows what. I certainly wasn't happy about the pairing arrangement and I know she wouldn't feel any better about it. Worse part was that I caught her at a bad time.

"Don't tell me to f*cking calm down!" Her voice, a second time screeched. "Calming down isn't gonna solve anything. You try being in my shoes."

I really was puzzled on what she was making a fuss about. I've known Emily since the beginning of high school and one thing I learnt is that she makes a big deal out of everything. There was a time when someone stood blocking her locker. She started rambling for fifteen minutes straight before the person could even utter a word.

"You know, I'm not even gonna talk to you anymore. Your constant speaking is driving me up the wall. Don't call me unless you've done something useful, mother." She sharply said and hung up.

Even her dear mother had to deal with this side of Emily. She shouldn't speak to her mom that way or even take her for granted. I never took mine as given but it didn't make it less harder when she died.

My back still pressed against the wall waiting for the cheerleader before me to take a breather. She stared outside looking at the lovely view we had of the city. I bet it looks even better during night.

Today she wore a pair of denim high-waisted shorts and a black low-cut neckline lace shirt that revealed parts of her bust. It was a bit more decent than what she usually wore.

My eyes switched to scan the room. The room was bright from the white paint of the wall. Two expensive looking paintings hung on the walls. There were two double beds with a white polished-surface pedestal table in between. A flatscreen TV was on the opposite side of the beds between two vases with fresh flowers.

There was an opening that led to the bathroom and between the bathroom and opening was a closet. This place was overall fancy with all the modern interior it contained.

Just when I was about to look deeper into the detail of the bathroom, someone knocked on the door causing me to jolt away from the wall. Emily spun around instantly glowering at me. You could clearly see we didn't like each other.