16.The DNA test

Jen looked like she was just splashed with cold water. She looked at the doctor, then at me, the again at the doctor. She opened and closed her mouth.

"What do you mean?" Josh asked confused.

"It can be just a coincidence, but it's just unbelievable... the blood groups." Doctor said.

"You didn't have any kids,right Jen?" Josh laughed, but then when he saw that Jen didn't even smile back he frowned.

"Jennifer?" He asked.

"Can we talk in private?" Jen asked Josh, and went straight thru the door.

I didn't get what was happening. Jen had or has a daugher? They think it's me! That's crazy it can't be me, but the doctor did say that our blood groups are the same and rare. Jen was blond and I was blond too. Everyone thinks that we are daughter and mother, but my eyes are a little green, and her's are plain blue.

I didn't know who my mother was or remember my dad. I was young when he dissapeared. I don't know what happend to him, so if anybody asks I just say that he died, it's way more simple, than telling all the story how I got home after playing outside with my friend and there was a note. Which I couldn't read cause I was 6.

Jen and pale- kinda sad-angry looking Josh came in the room. Jen just looked at me deaply in the eyes, which was weird, because she doesn't do that. At all.

"Can... Can we take a DNA test?" She sais quickly.

Doctor raises his eyebrows, but nodds. He goes out of the room and then everyone just shuts up. I was thinking shut up or talk. I'd rather shut up... no, my curiosity won, so I said:

"Jen, do you think that you are my real mom?" I ask.

Jen sits down on the chair next to me. She smiles kind of sadly.

"I really don't know, but if you aren't, then nothing is going to change."

"What happend to your daughter?" I asked her.

"I was 16, I couldn't take care of her. Her real dad did take her and she lives with him I think." She said.

"Jen, but why, did you leave her?"

"I was so young, I just started my career, and I didn't think that she would have liked me..." Jen sighed.

"Jen, you are so wrong. If I was your daughter, I woul be so proud of having a mom like you." I said.

She looked at me in the eyes, and took my hand in hers. She just smiled sadly.

"You are my daughter, Maddy, and it doesn't matter, biological or not."

I hugged her tightly and we cried for like five minutes. When we heard someone entering the room, it was the nurse, she took two hairs from each one of us. She also said that the results will be back really quick.

Josh, Jen and I playid some board games, that Jen and I bought the other time, when we went to the mall. Josh told me about, how his childhood was. He was an actor back then. I was so curious to see his films, that he even got one to the hospital. We are curently watching it.

It was altredy evening. Josh didn't whant to go home, because he wanted to be here for us. I really think, that Josh is perfect for Jen. I really don't know, why was she so scared to tell me they are dating. Oh well.

We heard someone knock. Josh opened the door, and the doctor entered the room with two pieces of paper. One he gaved to me, the other for Jen. It said that...