7. Meeting mom

Last night we arrived to the house really late. It was already dark and cold. We went straight to the bed. Jen told me that today we will decorate my room. I didnt notice a quite big guest room in the second floor it was near Jens room. It had a big window, a bathroom, and a closet type of a room inside. It was all white and empty well except that big bed in the middle of the room.

"What color do you whant?" Jen asked while looking at her laptop.

Today was a bad day it was raining, and there was no sun. Jen and I had our breakfast on our laps while we sat at the living rooms couch in front of the tv. Jen was looking thru stores for furniture while I tried to choose something. I loved the colors red and purple and white. So I didn't know the answer.

"Red..purple... I dont know " I said.

"Hmm maybe we will make it magenta?" Jen asked

"Oh.. maybe light purple?" I asked.

"Sure"

After 2 hours we were done shoping for furniture and paint we even got some decorations. I was playing on my phone when I heard Jen from the second floor. I followed the noise. Jen was talking to someone. I didnt whant to listen, but i heard her say.

"Yeah... I did adopt her." Jen said to a misterious someone.

"But.. NO! Thats my life. I do what ever I whan't and you can't say that to me. She's like a daughter to me." Jen yelled.

"Okay... yes... yes... oh okay yeah... bye mom" Jen said more calm this time.

She put the phone on her bed and sat there with her hands over her head. She talked to her mom. I guess she didn't like me?

I saw Jen go up from her bed and come to the doors. Thats my cue to leave. I ran to the bathroom that was just next to Jen's room.

She went down stairs. I opened the doors and followed her. She was searching for something.

"Madelyn" she turned her head and saw me she smiled.

"Yes?" I smiled. She never calls me by my full name thats strange. I hope that everything is okay.

"Can we talk?" She sat on the couch and pat the place next to her.

I dont know what is up, but from tv shows I saw, there was not a good thing that some one sais can we talk.
It usually means you're in trouble.

"yes?" I said while I sat on the couch next to Jen.

"So... yes, you are going to meet my mom and dad!" She smiled.

"Ohh..." I faked a smile. I knew that Jens mom doesn't like me. Or does she?

"When are we going?" I asked

"Right now!" She laughed. I was pale at this point. She smiled and opend her arms for me.

I hugged her. She held me and kissed my head.

"Dont be scared they will love you" she smiled to me.

****At Jen's parents house

I entered the room shaking. The house was huge. It was a mansion which had a pool and a giant back yard. It was quite far away from Jens house.

Jen said that she has two brothers too, but I will meet them later. Jens mom hugged her and turned to me to hug me. I was so confused, because from the phone call it looked like she doesn't like me.

"Oh its so nice to meet you Madelyn, im Karen, Jens mom." she smiled to me.

"Nice too meet you too" I smiled shyly.

"Gary will be coming later too" she nodded to Jen.

We sat on the couch while Jen explained every thing to her mom. Her mom looked concerned, but tried not to show it. She smiled sadly.

"Well... welcome to the Lawrence family" she smiled and hugged me.

I grinned at that. I am in the family.