xiv. on the line

Happy April Fools day! Also, happy Easter! I thought that I'd allow you to see this update because it was Easter, enjoy because I dive into several plotlines! Also, I am listening to On The Line from the Backstage cast, and it's the song that gave me the idea to use "On The Line" as the title for this chapter. Coincidence? I think not! Actually, I put it on specifically so that I could listen to it while posting this chapter. So, yeah. Enjoy! Also, I will say that I'm shocked about how people took what I did in chapter 12, you people took that very well, surprisingly.

A reckless girl was chasing time as her parents, her parents who had adopted her and betrayed her trust by killing off the light at the end of the tunnel, were after her. Yet, they couldn't go any further. Her two dads had decided to stop the mission, as they couldn't go on. They had to report a missing persons file to the police. So, as the girl had finally claimed an unknown victory against the people who had taken her in, the people who she was running away from were far behind, hours away, trying to reach the New York Police Department.

    Eliza Hannigan was not a stranger, Eliza Hannigan was not in a car, she walked slowly in order to preserve her energy for the high-speed run that would ensue when she crossed the border as she did not want to be identified. She sighed as she was inches away. The girl could practically see it. Before, it hit her, she could disguise herself. She then ran to the nearest store with wigs and new clothing, and bought 90 dollars worth of clothing, and 1 wig that coasted her 25 dollars.

    The girl got changed and looked around for an oncoming car that she could steal. In these moments, her skills were to be tested, and she was on the line, and she had to make herself win this time or else the travelling for days on end would have been for nothing. She saw someone in an olive-coloured car, and instantly thought about hitchhiking. She walked to the car, and knocked on the door. "Hey," she said.

Any sane person would have not hitchhiked due to the numerous and infamous stories of both guys and girls being raped due to the once-logical actions. But, of course, Eliza was not a mere mortal, she could kick ass and if someone tried to dare touch her, they'd be on the ground, wincing in pain. Liam was the prime example. His poor ass was stuck in the hospital and would probably be like that for the next few months, as the damages were bad. If anyone dared to try and hurt her, they'd likely be six feet underneath faster then you could say the words six feet underneath. She did not care, she could handle it. Which was why she dared to go on there, she dared to hitchhike.

    "Hey." The person in the drivers seat spoke after he rolled his window down.

    "Are you headed to Canada?" She asked, and she felt no need to specify where, because the border was from New York to Ontario.

    "Yeah, isn't it obvious? I'm from Quebec, so it'll take me a day to get there. Where are you headed?"

    "Ontario, I'd say around Toronto or Kitchener?" Eliza suggested as she got in the car.

"Alright." The driver said, before they began to drive off, and they went through the borders with such ease and intensified morals. In those moments, she took a deep breath and carried on with her life, for she was both literally and metaphorically on the line.

-

Chloe was walking out of her aunts house, a tear on her face as she realized that she was sentenced to never seeing the light of the school her friends went to ever again. The worst thing? She was scared of loosing the amazing friend that she did have, and with what was going on between Royal and her vandalism gang, the inner turmoil between the two and their dark sides were to be the death of them. They were sentenced to the internal battle, and they wanted to desperately see the light, but of course, that would never be the case. As the judge had ruled the verdict, and the drama was what they got, it was their choices that made this happen.