iii. last thing on earth

It was at the dawn of their darkest hours, 3am was the darkest hour of the night and there, Royal raced around, traversing back to the spot of the vandalism which shaped the rest of her twisted September. The nerves swept through her chest as her heartbeat began to pick up the pace, she was nervous of what the other person from the gang wanted to talk to her about.

"What do you want?" Royal whispered in the dead of the night, her voice scared.

"We want you back on the team, the gang, Royal." The girl spoke, she had black hair and a braided string of hair that was covered by her face.

"So what? It's not your decision, it's my decision." Royal said.

"Look, the Headless Painters are not going away any time soon, okay? And we just need your help with them, at least sos that we can go onto their side and find out they're names to report them."

"Isn't that a little hypocritical considering we do basically what they do, only a little more lethal?" Royal asked. "Ugh, forget it. I put that past life behind me. I'm doing vandalizing the areas, and I honestly could care less about you guys anymore, so leave me alone, why don't you?" Royal asked.

"Fine." Their leader spoke, before rolling her eyes as Royal walked away, hoping that the girl would eventually return into their lives. They needed her to help fight the gang of spray painters to justice.

-

The next day, Royal was at her new locker as she was preparing herself for the classes. It had been three days in the popularity-contest-social-hierarchy-ran school, as she was reminded on what went on the night prior.

Chloe walked over to her. "Hey, I noticed you acting a little strange last night during the meetup. Is everything okay?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah." Royal said but stuttered at the beginning of the one-letter word. "I'm alright."

Chloe was not buying her bullshit though. "You're Hiding something from me!"

"No, I'm not!" Royal defended herself by lying.

"No, you are and I can tell by your voice. Tell me Royal, I'll understand." Chloe spoke.

"No, you won't!" Royal cried out,

"Well god damn it, I'll try to!" Chloe yelled before silence broke out between the two friends. "Look, I'm your friend and all I want to do is help you. And friends don't keep big secrets from each other"

Royal sighed. "Okay. Remember the vandalism gang I was a part in. We have a rival called the Headless Painters, a ripoff of the Headless Hunters, anyway. They want me back because I am their best even though I said no to that life! I don't want to come back and I am scared of what they'll do.

Chloe sighed, placing her hand on Royal's shoulders. "Listen kid, I know that what I am about to say will probably be the hardest thing for you to hear, let alone act on, but I want you to know that before I say it, this is the best possible thing for you to do in your situation." Chloe explained the reason of her weird solution. "You need to call the cops on them, and both of them. Your team and the Headless Painters."

"No! I can't!"

"Do you want to be pulled in and out of good and bad for the rest of your life, all because you don't have the heart to put people behind bars?"

-

Justin woke up for the day ahead as he got himself ready and headed down, and there he saw his dad there, handing a bag toward another customer of his. Justin rolled his eyes as he made eye contact with his dad while he walked by. He really did not like it, and was urging his father to stop doing his criminal activities, but went along with it, because it gave them money.

The guy walked away and Justin walked over to the counter in the kitchen with a sigh. His father came up. "What's wrong?"

"Umm... maybe it is the fact that you're selling drugs?" Justin asked.

"Look, it pays the bills. We're rich because of this and I just want you to have a good life ahead of you." His dad said. "Besides, it is the whole reason me and your mother got together."

    "Yeah because clearly you two were too high to notice that you guys are incapable for each other so you guys just get high and fuck and that what resulted in me and you guys still try."

    "Shut your god damn mouth, we're making money."

    "I don't want to be related to a criminal organization!" Justin muttered.

    "Well, too bad. Once you move out then you cam change your name, but right now you're in our house, and you're an Olsen." Kevin, his dad said. Justin just ignored it and walked to school.

-

The father of Nathan's home walked out, and their mother rolled her eyes as she walked upstairs to see what was going on, to spy on him. The mom was a jealous, and horrible person. So as he walked out, and into another girls car, she felt a wave of fury bringing her weight down. She squinted her eyes to see if someone was in the car, and sure enough she saw the looks of another girl on his lips, and they shared a brief kiss.

She growled, and went to the closet, her walk in closet that was for her and only for her. She had an abundance of weapons there as she thought of the perfect plan, meanwhile, Nathan was still downstairs, talking to himself, and thinking.

-

    Alisson and Matt were on a date together. Alisson walked over against a shady tree to escape the light, while they were together having a picnic. Alisson had packed everything. "Oh great, what do we have here?"

    "Uh, 5 sandwiches, and 3 hotdogs and 10 burgers. I hope you don't mind, I was worried of what to pack you." Alisson smiled.

    "Yeah," Matt grinned. "I will pretty much eat about anything I see in my way. I once ate a quarter once, did you know?"

    To this, Alisson laughed. "Really?" She asked.

    "Yeah, I'm serious."

    The two began to divulge in the food, taking in every bite as if photosynthesis was going on and they were the plans. They absorbed the energy from the food as they were talking to each other, though throughout the entire time of the date while they had fun, talking, laughing, cracking jokes and taking random Buzzfeed quizzes even though the two knew that they were the worst, taking other online tag questions, and showing off their weird talents, the text still came across Alisson's mind, and so she never truly went out of her comfort zone at the date, and never actually smiled, which worried Matt.

    By the time it ended, Alisson walked away, while the text was still engraved in her head, and the mysteries surrounding it.

There's more to Matt than you think.

That's it! She thought as she then grabbed her phone throughout internal anger, and opened it up, unlocking the password and texted Dustin.

Dustin, what do you mean?

The response she got three minutes little haunted her body, sending chills down her spine. You don't want to know, but if you really want to know, meet me tomorrow at the high school before everyone else gets there, and then it was settled. She snapped at that moment. She was going to find out what was wrong with Matt, even if it was the last thing she would do on earth.