Chapter 25 - Emptiness

MESSAGE FROM HANK ON MY MESSAGE BOARD.

Chapter 25 – Emptiness

Jillian’s POV

She doesn’t call. She doesn’t write. It feels foolish to think she’ll ever even come back. I feel horrible. Anyone one would if the sole person they believed in most, looked up to most, loved most just left you forever.

“What kind of sister does that?” I mumbled to myself.

I miss Brittany. Her hatred towards Dan is unjustifiable but she’s still my sister and I love her.

The sound of the door opening and closing was heard.

“Hey Dan!” I called out. “Want to watch a mo-”

My sentence was cut short because Brittany was standing in front of me, rugged looking, with some suitcases.

“You… you came back.”

“I had to make sure you stayed away from him.” She said coldly.

“Oh.” Tears welled up in my eyes.

Of course she didn’t come back for me. Why would she? I miss the days when we had a better relationship.

“I’m going out.” I declared.

I left the house hurriedly.

I need to get out of here.

***Start playing Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson***

I got outside and leaned forward, my hands on my thighs as I cried. It hurt. It hurt so much. How can my sister not love me? My own sister? How can I love the person she hates? Yes, I love him. So I ran. I ran as fast and as hard as my legs would allow. My lungs were burning and screaming for air. I was tired. I was ready to collapse, but I didn’t. My life was falling apart, but I refused to stop running.

I probably looked insane, running, clutching my stomach and heavily sobbing at night. I kept running until I found his house, until I found Dan’s house. He was sitting on the front steps of the house. I was panting as I approached him. My eyes were puffy and red, I was trembling and my teeth were chattering.

“Jillian?” He asked, his brows arched in concern as he embraced me in a hug.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Of course.” His reply came easily.

“If I go look for my parents, will you mind that I leave you?”

He looked at me confused so I continued. “My parents don’t live with us. I want to find them. I miss them so much.”

“Where do they live then?” He asked.

“Wherever they want. I’m not really sure where, but I want to find them.”

He nodded slowly. “I don’t want you to leave this country… or me. But if this means so much to you, then I can understand.” He said painfully.

“Thank you. I love you.” I whispered and crashed my lips onto his. I kissed him with urgency, with everything that I had. My hands ran through his hair. “I love you.” I smiled, tears in my eyes. “Goodbye Dan.” I cried, my lips trembling.

“Goodbye Cottontail.” He whispered, a tear slipping down his cheek.

**************************

Dan’s POV

It was late when Jillian had come to see me. Her visit surprised me and it pained me to see her go. I so desperately wanted to go with her. No matter where she was going. I would go to the lengths of the earth with her.

While I remained in my tearful mess, I thought, Wait. Why don’t I go with her? We could search the globe for her parents together. I wonder why they ever left in the first place…

I took my car and drove to Jillian’s place, hoping to find her and make her take me with her.

“Jillian?” I called out.

“You.” Brittany sneered, her eyes narrowing on me.

“I was looking for Jillian.”

“She’s not here.”

“That’s not possible, she would have needed to pack.”

“Pack? What for?”

“She said she was going to find your parents.” I explained.

“No.” She said disbelievingly. All the color drained from her face.

“Uh, yeah…”

“ARE YOU A F*CKING IDIOT?!” She screamed.

“What? Why?” I asked.

Meanwhile, Brittany was going insane. She was pacing all over the place muttering things and laughing hysterically.

I was starting to get scared.

“Brittany,” I tried calmly, “what’s going on?”

“DON’T YOU GET IT?!” She yelled.

“GET WHAT?”

“OUR PARENTS ARE DEAD!” She sobbed helplessly.

No.

“No. No. No. NO! NO! NO!” I whispered frantically.

Jillian’s gone to commit suicide.

And I let her.

***End Of Chapter 25***

A/N: I cried. OMG I cried so much. I always knew this was going to happen, it didn’t make it easier. So sad. Oh god Im depressed now. :’(

Still crying.

VOOOOTE! Please?

Picture of Brittany on the side!

PS: MESSAGE FROM HANK ON MY MESSAGE BOARD.