Chapter 3 - The mall

Jillian's POV

I couldn't help but stare at him. Dan Adams is in my house again. And damn he looks good in those skinny jeans and... holy sh*t is that a 6-pack?

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to invite me in?" He smirked.

"You didn't seem to have a problem with that yesterday." I muttered. "What are you doing here?" I asked. I honestly had no idea what this guy had up his sleeve but I doubted any good would come from it.

"I've took it upon me to be your guardian angel." He said in a serious tone.

"Come again?" I asked confused. Guardian angel? This should be good.

"Don't get too excited Cottontail. Now, where am I going to sleep?"

"This cannot be happening." I whined.

"Well?" he asked pointedly. "I'm waiting."

I just stared.

"Okay how about this, you let me in, or I throw you over my shoulder, lock you in the closet and live here for the rest of my life while experimenting my evil potions on you."

I sighed in defeat and pondered on where he could sleep. My parent's bedroom was empty and they wouldn't be coming back anytime soon. So I grabbed his arm tightly and walked down the hall. I noticed he winced. What was that all about? I mentally shrugged and showed him around the room.

"You can use this closet, the bathroom is down the hall and- what?" I snapped. Why was he staring at me?

Dan's POV

I was staring. Why was I staring? I don't even know. Damn my arm was hurting. I mean, it had been aching since this morning but ever since she grabbed me with her grip of steel, it felt even worse. No way was I letting her notice though. What was she talking about? Oh yeah, she was showing me around.

"This is going to be a very interesting week..." I stated.

She looked at me in total shock. "No way. No freakin way. Na-an. No. I don't think so. One night that's it. Just one night to crash an-and t-that's, you can't-

"Cottontail," I looked her in the eye. "I am staying for a week, until your sister comes back."

"H-how did you know that?" She asked looking quite stunned.

"I have my ways." I snickered.

Yup, this was definitely going to be an interesting week...

Jillian's POV

I left him alone in the room and directed myself towards the sitting room. I sat on a couch. The room wasn't very big because my parents had always been modest people, but it had a very cosy atmosphere to it. Framed pictures of me and my sister adorned the walls. There was also a fireplace, and just above it, a massive picture of my family. I sighed at the sight. An aching feeling settled in my stomach when I realized I was all alone.

"You know the whole sad face thing? Doesn't look too good on you Cottontail."

I jumped. Geez this guy was stealthy. He propped down on the couch beside me. I could practically feel the heat radiate off his body.

Then the door swung open and I heard a voice that I would recognize anywhere.

"Heelllooooooooo! Where ma b*tch be at?" Stef hollered.

Dan chuckled.

I got off the couch and she wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Code red much?" she asked.