Jealousy, is that you?

Chapter 25 

Tenpo paced around the condo and stopped. A tiny bell ringing sound caught his ear. He sighed heavily and walked towards Sena's room. I don't want to go in there. He knocked on the door.

"Sena, you rang?"

A huge smile lit up Sena's face as he entered the room. "Look, Tenpo! He smiled!"

Little Bas looked up at his other father with bright blue-green eyes. His curly black hair stood out like a small afro as he cooed at Sena. Tenpo felt a tightening in his chest and quickly rubbed the spot. My baby was supposed to be here first. I should be the one being spoiled and doted on, not you.

He forced a smile. "Is that so? How cute." He tried to hide the irritation in his voice. "Do you need anything else?"

Sena rubbed his chin. Tenpo's behavior was more and more off.  He just couldn't put his finger on what was wrong.  "Um. No."

"Bashir said he'd be late again and dinner will be ready soon," Tenpo informed him like some sort of secretary.

Sena frowned and looked down at wriggling Bas.  "O-kay."

Tenpo turned to leave.

"Tenpo?"

Now what? He gripped the doorknob and painted on a smile. "Yesss?"

Sena laid the baby down and stood. He narrowed his eyes searching Tenpo's for answers. "Are you okay?"  Something flashed in Tenpo's eyes and then it was gone.

Don't ask me that. "Peachy. Get back in bed."

Sena approached him and looked at him closely. "Really? You seem kinda short tempered."

I'm tired of waiting on you and your brat, my body hurts, and I'm tired of feeling like Cinderella. Tenpo looked away as the baby began to cry. "I'm fine." He ducked out of the room before Sena could say more.  I'm the one that wants to cry.

Bashir picked up the phone and smiled. "Hey, Sena. Everything alright?"

Sena pressed his ear to the door and heard Tenpo's muffled cries on the other side. "I think you should come home," he whispered.

"Is the baby okay? Where's Tenpo?"

"It's about Tenpo."

Bashir scribbled something on a chart and handed it to Kira. "Is he alright?"

Sena walked down the hall back to his room. "Bashir, you need to pay some attention to him. I think he's depressed about the baby being late and having to take care of me and Bas."  It astounded him at times how such a brilliant doctor in the field of cloning and reproduction could be so clueless in Human 101.

Bashir looked down at his pencil and frowned. "I see. I'll be home as soon as I can." He ended the call and looked at the form in front of him.

Kira finished reading what was in the folder he gave her and closed it. "Go home, Bashir."

"What?"

She took the forms from him and pushed him out of the way. "You shouldn't be here."

Peter rolled his chair to Bashir's spot, pushing him out of the way. "Yeah, it wasn't fair to leave Tenpo to take care of them. He's almost ready to go in himself."

Bashir stretched. "Actually, he's overdue."

Kevin looked up from a file he was reading. "It's normal for a first time birth to be overdue."

Long loose curls tumbled down as Bashir removed his hair tie. "Yeah but he's getting depressed."

"That too is common."

In an effort to deflect, he looked at Cash. "You should be home too, Cash."

Everyone turned. Cash turned around from his desk with a file in his hand and his arm cradling two week old CJ in the sling. "It's only paperwork that has to be done for my final dissertation so I can be licensed."

A pencil snapped in Kira's hand and she grit her teeth. "And he was driving me bananas about it and being at work all day."

Peter shook his head at the pair. "Hopeless." He handed Bashir his outside coat as Kira nudged him toward the door.

"Anyway, Bashir. Get home. Tenpo needs you," she persisted.

He turned to look at them all. "If anything happens-"

They all spoke at the same time. "It won't."

"Call me."

Again. "We won't."

"Guys-"

Kira looked at Peter. "Do you hear something?"

He jiggled his finger as if he had something in his ear. "Not me. Cash?"

Cash looked absently in the folder. "I thought it was Dr. Bashir but he left a long time ago." He glanced over his shoulder. "Dr. Watanabe?"

Kevin looked up from a pile of papers. "Huh? What are we talking about?"

Bashir smiled and shook his head. "I get it. I'm leaving."

Kevin waved.  "Say hi for us."

"Yes, yes." He held up his hand as he walked off.

*Shout outs to @Shadowhuntress_15, @WhisperingLil, @NOBODYhello, @FrickenFrackForLife @FluffyFatCats for their votes.  

**1 THOUSAND reads (or so Wattpad tells me) - Doumo Arigato! Muchos Gracias! Xie Xie! Motto Bene Grazie! Kob Khun Kha!

***New readers, new followers hope you stick around and check out some of my other stories.