The Threat

***So for this chapter and here on we will be using everyone's first names

-Peter -Dr. Esson

-Bashir- Dr. Bashir

-Kira- Dr. Jamison

-Kevin-Dr. Watanabe

-Cash  is just Cash.

Chapter 9 The Threat

Cash and Bashir were in the chamber recording readings on the new omegas. Peter was analyzing slides under the microscope while Kira typed away on the computer. Kevin took a deep breath and smiled as he entered the lab.

"I'm back!" He called cheerfully.

"Welcome back," Cash responded.

"Bout time," Peter muttered.

Kira shook her head. "How was the check up?"

Kevin flopped in his chair and pushed aside the pile of folders on his desk. "Fit as a fiddle. "

She gave him the thumbs up. "That's good news."

He leaned back and sighed. "Yeah."

Bashir lit a cigarette. "What's wrong?"

Kevin looked up to find them all staring at him. "He said I'm surrounded by too many alphas."

Cash began to giggle.

"Well, it's true." Kira unwrapped a blow pop and popped it in her mouth. "Aside from Cash, we're all alphas."

Peter rubbed his chin. "I'm surprised you lasted this long to be honest."

Heat rushed into Kevin's cheeks as they all looked at him. He gave a nervous laugh and waved his hand. "It's not that bad."

"No?" Peter looked up from the scope and leaned back in his chair. "Bashir alone drives me nuts. I can't imagine how you've managed to put up with all of us."

Bashir put his chart on his desk. "You're the most insufferable of all here."

Peter's chair nearly tipped over as he abruptly stood. "Whatever, cheater."

"I did not cheat!" Bashir leaned on the desk and crossed his arms. "I'm extremely loyal to Tenpo and Sena."

Peter narrowed his eyes. "Uh-huh."

Bashir flicked a yellow pencil across the room. "Shut up, slut."

"Doctors, doctors," Cash caught the pencil as Peter threw it back.

Kira crossed her arms. "I feel sorry for Dr. Watanabe. You two are a nightmare."

"What?!" They said in unison.

Bashir pinched her cheek. A shit eating grin on his face.  "Says the beast who gobbled up our sweet lab assistant."

Kira smacked his hand away. "Shut up!"

Kevin laughed softly. "Now she's the target?"

She stomped her foot. "He's not complaining!"

"As if he had a choice!"  Bashir snorted.

She shook her fist at him. "It was consensual and he enjoyed every minute!"

Bashir smiled as she unraveled. "So you say."

Cash held up his hands with a look that suggested he wanted to runaway. "Doctors, please. I'm not in this."

Peter stood and walked over to Cash. Apparently he'd missed something big while he was gone for his conference.  "Wait? She attacked Cash?"

Kira put her hands on her hips and pouted. "He wanted it."

"When? Where was I?" He put his arm around Cash's shoulders and smiled. "How was it?"  He asked wiggling his eyebrows.

Cash felt his face redden up to his hairline and tried to pull away. "Dr. Esson!"

"Come on," he pinched Cash's cheeks. "Don't be shy."

"What are you saying?!"

They began to wrestle. Peter got the upper hand and he pinned Cash down on top of a desk. "You're amongst friends." He nuzzled his nose. "You can tell us."

Cash turned beet red. "D-doctor!"

Bashir roared with laughter.

Kevin tried to suppress a laugh. "I'm sure this is sexual harassment."

"You pervert!" Kira yelled trying to pull them apart.

As if it suddenly occurred to him, Peter looked at Bashir. "How does he know?"

The chair creaked as Bashir leaned back and laced his fingers behind his head. A triumphant grin spread across his face. "She attacked him in the lab."

Kira's eyes widened. "Bashir!"

Peter looked down at Cash who had covered his face with both hands. "Dr. Jamison, you animal!  Rowr!" .

Same ol' same ol'. Smiling, Kevin shook his head and turned to the stack of mail on his desk as they continued to bicker. Bill. Conference invites. New product catalog. Monthly omega update. He paused.

At the bottom of the stack was a small manila envelope sealed with tape. There was no postage or return address. His name, written in red, was the only thing on it.

"This is odd." He reached for the letter opener and sliced open the package. A photo with a poorly written note on a piece of yellow legal paper fluttered onto his desk. He covered his mouth and stood, the chair tipping over. He frantically looked out the window scanning the parking lot. Somebody knows.

Kira turned and frowned. "Kevin?"

Cash walked between the two bickering doctors. "Dr. Watanabe?"

Bashir and Peter even stopped bickering and turned.

Kevin was white as a sheet. He looked up with wide brown eyes.

"Dr. Watanabe, what happened?" Cash's voice was heavy with concern.

He pointed a trembling finger at his desk. Bashir rushed forward and looked at the stack of papers on the desk. On the top was a photo of Kevin and Peter and a note that said:

Stop seeing him if you don't want him to gethurt.