Chapter 10

2009 - Age fifteen.

"I don't want you to go out with him." Liam said as we sat on the ground of the pathway. Liam still ran with me in the mornings and we just finished our run. I looked at the note Mikey gave me.

"Why not? You've been trying to help him out and hook us together ever since I first moved over here." I said and I fiddled with the pebble on the pathway.

"I know, but I think you deserve someone better."

"Then who?" I turned my head to look at him.

"Someone who won't ask you through a note. Maybe they should ask you in real life instead."

"Honestly, why does it matter Liam? If it's weird that two of your best friends are together, then just say it."

"Yeah, I think it's weird, but you deserve someone better. Mikey and you don't seem like the perfect couple. It's going to be awkward between you two, if you get into that mess."

"Why do you care?"

"You and Mikey are my best friends. I care for both of you guys and if one of you guys gets hurt and when you two split up it'll be weird."

"What are you going to do if I said okay to him?"

"I won't do anything I just won't be happy about it."

"You really don't want me to go out with him?" I sighed and Liam nodded his head yes.

"Fine, I won't. Only cause of you." I said and circled 'no' on the letter with a pencil. Liam gave me a side hug and rested his head on my shoulder as we sat.

"I'm really happy you did that for me."

"This better be a good choice."

"It is, trust me."

----

Short chapter because I don't want to mix these two scenes together. They wouldn't combine right!