25. Their Last Words

Accardo Leondrí's POV

"Sir," I look up and see Liam standing there, looking solemn.

"Liam?"

He coughs, awkwardly, and that's when I notice the tear stains on his face. Tony and I jump out of our seats at the same time, looking concerned.

"Andrew and Clark, Sir..." He begins, and my eyes widen.

"Fuck off..." I whisper, not wanting to believe where this is going.

"Multiple men caught onto Tony and Anna, sir, and were going to follow behind. There was too many, but Andrew and Clark fought them off, but it wasn't easy..." My assistant explains, making me close my eyes and inhale, deeply. "Andrew's last words, sir, were that it was an honour to serve you, and that he'd do it all over again in another life."

Tony's body just falls back into his chair, hand running through his hair. I know he worked closely with those 2 men just as much as I did.

"Clark told me to tell you that Anna is a perfect woman for you and that he hopes all of this leads to her happiness with you." Liam adds, making me force a smile.

"I'm sorry, Liam." I respond, looking up.

"Don't be, Sir. I'd still like to continue working in my place." He tells me. "In honour of them both. They would fight to the death for you, and that's exactly what they did, so I'd like to continue doing so myself."

"Of course." I assure the man, shaking his hand.

He nods his head at myself, and Carter, before heading off to grieve.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, Accardo. It was their job. They did well." Tony tells me, making me smile.

"Accardo?" Ruki calls, making me look up at him. "She's awake, and alive, and safe."

I can't help but jump out of my seat and half smile at the man, holding out my hand for him to shake.

"My son died for this woman, Leondrí. Don't lose her." Ruki tells me.

"Your son was incredible, and I can't thank him enough. Thank you, Ruki." I respond, making him nod.

I glance back at Tony who nods.

"Go."

"Thank you."

I cautiously unlock the door to the room Anna's in and look at her frail state.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, catching her attention.

She pauses for a moment, looking for the right words to say.

"Is it over?" She whispers, voice strained. I nod.

"Yeah, gorgeous; it's over." I assure her, making her simply nod in response, but the next words that leave her mouth have me shocked.

"Are you gonna get rid of me now?"

"What?" I blurt out, shocked by the question.

"You kept me with you to get back at my father, right? And everyone else that fucked you over, so you don't need me anymore." She explains the thoughts going through her head, making me shake my head in denial.

"This might come as a shock to you, Anna, but I did actually gain feelings for you." I tell her, jokingly.

She can't help the smile that forms on her lips.

"So, you don't just fuck and save every woman you meet?" She asks, raising an eyebrow, and I can tell that she meant the question seriously, but she's got a sarcastic ring to her voice.