12. Desperate Need Of Help

Markus Kieant's POV

"SHE'S WHAT?!" I exclaim, abruptly standing up from the seat at my desk.

"She's imprisoned by Mr Leondrí, sir." Kris repeats, talking of my partner, Emily.

"How the fuck did that bastard manage to get his hands on her?! How does he even know who she is?!" I continue to shout, getting more and more infuriated.

"It appears that Miss Vanhouse had broken into Mr Leondrí's home in search for Miss Anna, sir, but got caught out." Kris explains to me and I narrow my eyes.

"What the hell did she think she was playing at?!" I scream, but Kris' expression doesn't falter. "Can we get her out?" I ask my side-man.

He shakes his head a little.

"It'll be difficult to do so, sir, bu-" Before Kris can continue, I cut him off.

"My fucking woman is locked in that building, Kristopher. I don't give a single fuck how strong his security is, if she can get in, we can get her out." I state, and he nods.

"Of course, sir." Kris obliges, nodding his head and leaving.

How the fuck did she manage to get into that damned building alone...?

Anna Kieant's POV

"17:45." I read, looking at the clock that hands on the wall just inside of the back-entrance hall.

I've spent most of the day resting and trying to calm myself down from this afternoon's incident. I sigh and make my way down the marble steps, leading to the magnificent back garden that the gardener is tidying up.

"Good evening." I greet him, and he stops his trimmings to acknowledge me.

"Why, Miss, I haven't seen your face around here before. May I ask of your name?" He asks, looking surprised, yet content, that someone is speaking to him.

"Anna. Annastaćia Kieant. Yourself?" I ask, kindly.

"Annastaćia. A beautiful name it is. Luke." He greets, removing the gardening glove off of his right hand and holding it out for me to shake, which I do, gracefully.

"Why thank you, Luke. How long have you been working here?" I ask, interested, admiring the beautiful gardens of which he must have treated every day.

"9 years, Miss." Luke responds, and I look down at him, intrigued.

"Tell me about yourself, Luke." I request, sitting myself down on the grassy ground beneath me.

"Miss! You'll stain your dress should you sit on here!" He frantically warns me but I simply smile at him in admiration of his care.

"Please, Luke, it is quite alright, I do not mind." I assure him and he calms down, smiling back at me.

"Right." He responds. "So, before I tell you about the likes of me, may I ask why you're in the house of Mr Leondrí?" he asks me, continuing back with tending the pink roses.

"He saved me in a sense." I begin, and Luke looks at me, curiously, out of the corner of his eye. "We met by pure coincidence; I was working under my father, selling some of the businesses he used to run, and Mr Leondrí had shown interest in a B&B that was on the market. I was the one to show him around the building that day, which is where I first met Mr Leondrí and Mr Carter." I begin to explain and I see Luke, paying close attention to my story, smiling. "The following day, after Mr Leondrí had confirmed that he wanted to purchase the property, I had rung him up to confirm some of the finalised details, but he had invited me out for lunch at one of his restaurants instead." I continue.