4. 'What the fuck is she doing here?!'

Accardo Leondrí's POV

"Mr Leondrí, what a pleasure it is to be here tonight." Michaelo admits, gazing around my casino.

"Of course, Mr Londra, the pleasure is all ours; please, relax and enjoy your night." I soothe, despite the fact I'm seething on the inside.

"Sir." Tony suddenly whispers in my ear, discretely, as Michaelo walks away.

"What, Tony?" I ask, holding a grudge that he let Michaelo attend this event in the first place.

"Doesn't that lovely lady look awfully familiar?" Tony tells me, and I look at him to notice his gaze fixated on a particular woman.

I turn to look, and my eyes widen at the sight. Annastaćia Kieant.

"What the fuck is she doing here?!" I question, confused yet angry.

Guns are being fired in this building tonight. I can't have her in here!

"It appears she doesn't have a choice, sir." Tony explains, and I look at him, puzzled. "It appears that Mr Jonathan Parterson has her with him for the evening. His hands are gripping firmly on her wrists behind her back to stop her leaving. She's bruised." He adds, and I look over at them surprised.

"Let's go." I simply state, and I see Tony smirk out of the corner of my eye.

"Mr Parterson!" Tony greets, over-joyed, holding his hand out for Jonathan to shake.

"Ah, Mr Carter and Mr Leondrí; a pleasure." Jonathan greets, and I see Anna's head snap up from her gaze on the floor at the mention of our names.

She looks like she's been crying again, and she's trying to hold back crying even more.

"And who's this lovely lady you have with you tonight, Mr Parterson?" Tony asks, playing off that he doesn't know who Anna is.

"Ah, Mr Carter, this is my Lady and Mistress, Annastaćia Kieant." Jonathan explains, and I try to hide my shock.

I notice that Anna clenches her eyes shut at the statement, as if internally cringing and screaming, and a tear falls from both eyes, which she instantly hides. She subtly looks up at Jonathan as if to check he hadn't seen her tears and she closes her eyes in relief when she confirms he didn't.

"Annastaćia, don't be rude, and introduce yourself!" Jonathan demands and Anna flinches at his raised voice.

I narrow my eyes at the bastard but look back at Anna.

"Good evening, Mr Carter. Mr Leondrí." She bows at us.

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Kieant." Tony returns, smiling innocently.

"Likewise." She quietly responds, forcing a smile.

"Mr Parterson, if you don't mind, there is a wonderful piece of artwork that I believe would very much be to your taste if you'd like to come and have a look. We can leave your Mistress here with Sir Leondrí, making sure she stays out of trouble." Tony suddenly suggests, giving Anna a sly wink.

"That sounds wonderful, Sir Carter. Do not let this woman out of your sight for a second, Leondrí." Jonathan explains, threateningly, as he places Anna's arm in my hand.

"Is that a threat, Mr Parterson?" I warn, and I see him panic slightly.

"Of course not, Mr Leondrí." He responds and forces a laugh.

"If you'd like to follow me, Mr Parterson." Tony prompts and Jonathan nods, giving Anna a cautioning look.

I don't say a word to Anna once Tony and Jonathan have left, I just drag her, carefully, out of the room, and to my private back room.