41. No more goodbyes

Start from the beginning

SUGA'S POV

I was still holding her hand as the cab driver drove us to the airport at the speed of light. I don't know if I was more anxious about being left by the crew or with the fact that I'll be saying goodbye to her again in just a few minutes.

I looked at her and she was already looking at me, her lips curved into a smile.

"Oh, fudge!" She was signaling something on her face. Then I realized she was referring to my mask which I forgot to put on. I checked my pockets and it wasn't there.

"Don't worry. Nobody will recognize me." 

I locked her into a tight embrace and she gently patted my back in return.

"I won't be missing you at all."

She pulled herself back. "That's really nice to hear."

I laughed. "You didn't let me finish." I tilted her chin up to get a better view of her eyes. "I won't be missing you at all because we'll still be talking to each other everyday. It would all seem like I'm just there with you."

"Oh. You're making me.." she buried her face into my chest and I enveloped her with my arms.

"Airport."

The cab driver who seemed to just woke up ruined our perfect moment. My phone in my pocket was vibrating, I just noticed.

"I'm here. I'm here. I'm going in. Cover me."
It was Jin screaming his lungs out. I could already imagine the look on his face.

"You go ahead babe I'll be right behind you."  Something's telling me that leaving her behind would make this the last moment we'll have.

"No. I'm not saying goodbye just yet." I pulled her out of the cab after she handed over the fare.

"What? Are you crazy? Someone might.."

___________________________________________

ROZIE'S POV

"see us.." He really wasn't planning to let go anytime soon. His hand was firmly locked in mine. My eyes drifted from one corner to the other as I check on people that might have their camera phones ready. Luckily, people didn't seem to notice and there wasn't a lot of them.

"Terminal 8." he read from his phone.

"It's right over there by the restroom."

"Oh okay. Now come with me just a sec.."

He dragged me to an ATM nearby.  The moment we lost view of the people outside, he pushed my back to the wall and began kissing me intensely. I feel his urge to express himself through the kisses he was planting on my mouth. I responded just the same. This would certainly be the last kiss we will be sharing in a long time so we have to cherish every second of it. I could feel one of his hands hold me firmly on my back pressing my body against his. The other was at the back of my head, guiding my head to the right position as his tongue made its way in. Our lips moved in perfect sync until it left both of us breathless.

"No matter what happens, never ever give up on us. Okay? Even if you're starting to feel tired of me. Even on days when you just don't wanna see my face or talk. Even if you hear things from the news and stuff. Even if I may say things that may hurt your feelings because I'm tired or I haven't slept at all. Just stay with me... Stay in love with me. Okay?"

I nodded.

"Promise me." His eyes were seriously looking into mine.

"I promise."

For a few seconds, he was just staring at me. His gaze seemed to be memorizing every part of my face. He brushed his hand on my head and down to my cheek. I touched his hand and tried to remember the warmth of it.

He gave me one last long kiss before he finally said, "I love you." I never thought he was the vocal type but hearing those words from him was all I needed for me to formally call him mine. I was just savoring the moment while he was still here but now knowing how he feels about me makes me want more of him; more of us.

Now there's an even deeper yearning to see him again as I hold on to what he said that the day will come when we'll no longer have to say goodbye. Until then, I'll just have to miss him every single day.

"I love you. Come back to me okay?"

He hugged me tight enough it was just impossible to breathe but I didn't mind. "I will." He kissed me lightly on the forehead. "I'll call you later babe. Got a plane to catch!"  He blew me a kiss until he finally disappeared into view.

It took me a moment to absorb what just happened. My knees were still weak from all the emotions surging all at once. The feel of his lips still lingered on mine. The warmth of his touch, I could still feel on my skin. I've never been this happy. I was smiling like a freak. I touched my cheeks and try to shake off the numbness. I took a few deep breaths and let reality sink in.

I took my phone out of my bag and suddenly remembered Jennie. She would have been freaking out when I didn't come home last night. As I got out of the booth, I bumped into a person almost making me drop my phone.

"Oops. Sorry." I caught his eye. I walked away right off. Then I stopped.

Wait. I'm sure I've seen him somewhere. I turned around and saw that he already had his eyes on me. I immediately looked away and turned my back on him.

Fudge. He's one of them.

To be continued...