I bite him down hard from underneath him and step on his tail with all my strength to make him stay in his place.

He howls with pain.

Tsk, so much of pain intolerance.

What a waste.

He claws at my face leaving a mark on my forehead and I give him a long deep slash on his underbelly. His claws dig into my sides and I can feel the blood soaking the grass beneath me. I too dig my claws deeply into his sides.

"No Blaze!" I could hear Jemima Monroe's annoying screaming. I totally forgot about her.

Memories of when he hit me flashes in my head.

"NO!" The other female scream could be heard and I watch as the beta holds my mother back as my father shifts.

My father knocks Blaze off of me and he immediately collapses to the ground. I had also left wounds on his sides.

I growl at him, still lying on the ground, challenging him to still fight me, but my father steps in looking at me with a sad yet weary expression. He licks my bleeding forehead and I hate the feelings it flares up in me. So I step back.

A woman's sobs can be heard and I bet it is my mom.

The match ended in a tie, but I could have beaten him. Damn my father for interfering. I stand up, my feet wobbling due to the blood loss but before I could attack Blaze, he shifts to his human form. He lies on the ground, curled due to the wounds on his stomach that were deep. It will take a while for him to heal as his training wasn't right. Just as I predicted.

I was trained by a king after all.

He glared at me and I could feel Zian's irritation at him looking in our eye even though he is the king. My father rubbed against me as I willed Blaze to shift back. But the coward seemed to be too weak from the fight. I could also feel Xavier pleading me through the mate bond to open up to him.

Cowards they are.

I could feel my father's disproval at my wounds and he shifted back right in front of me, someone quickly handed him a trouser.

Now that the fight between us subsided, pack members rushed to their king. I wanted to growl at them in frustration. This isn't in over for us. For Zian and me, a fight doesn't finish until one of us dies. Maybe it was because this is the law in the underground mafia fight I had.

This fight was still incomplete. I matched his glare with my own. We were still lying on the ground looking at each other. Someone slipped a white sheet over me. I see my mother hovering over me with concern along with a few other pack members expecting me to shift. My wolf sneered but seeing that the fight was finished I shifted back. Still keeping my eyes on Blaze's, glaring at him and letting him know this isn't over.

He kept my gaze and if he was offended, he still couldn't fight because he wasn't trained that much at endurance with pain. Probably as they don't expect him to easily get such fatal wounds in the first place. He was a fighting prodigy after all.

Soon, pack members crowd around us checking our wounds and Blaze is the first to tear his eyes away. Jem is already wrapped around him, smothering him in her tears and I roll my eyes. He winces as the bleeding still doesn't stop. I could feel a gentle hand check my wounds too but I hold the finger tightly.

I would have broken it if I didn't see that they were my mother's. My father hovered above us with so much concern on his face. Where was all this concern when I needed it? My parents shift their concerned gaze from Blaze to me and I guess they understand that I am his rejected mate. My mom even looks at Jem with a bit if irritation and disproval.

She looks at me with pain, accessing my condition. I must look worse than I feel. I don't feel any pain. This is nothing compared to Sam's training.

I know how to take care of myself and I hate being touched.

"Don't... touch me" I let her know with some difficulty as I got up on my own, wrapping the sheet around myself. My wounds, already healing.

Injury-wise I was the same as Blaze, but I healed much, much, much faster. I could see my vision starting to clear. The beta and one of the guards held up Blaze, he was hardly able to walk.

''This isn't over" I let him know. He looked a bit taken aback that while he needed two human crutches, I was able to move on my own. Maybe he will feel some fear for me now. Take me into consideration. Maybe make him see the possibility that he was closer to losing than winning.

But instead, all I got was a smirk. He was definitely impressed, that I felt from the bond. But is it possible that he held back? Or maybe he has some hidden talents like me? I don't think so. Probably just an offender tattoo similar to mine.

Maybe he didn't go to his full potential like me. That must be it.

I scowled at him before taking a one-eighty degree and walking past the crowd into the pack house to clean up.

Many were stunned that I was able to stand up on my own let alone walk straight with all these injuries, looking at me as if I were a zombie.

I held the red stained sheet close to myself. Pathetic.

They have seen nothing yet.

My parents suddenly decided to become the doting type as they tried to follow me with worried expressions. Oh, so now they are worried?

"Leave me alone," I told them

"I don't need your help." I sneered and walked up the stairs to the pack house. I certainly left a mark on them. That much I am sure. I know many of them are thinking I am in no way an incapable queen, unlike Jem. Which is good for status, but I won't choose to go with him now.

Sam is going to go haywire though. I can feel it. Lexi might have already informed him as my phone was on when we were in the hall. That big tatter tale. I am going to get it from him in huge doses.

Oh boy, I will be in for a long night.     

Ooh the real Zara is coming out to play. Hope you liked it.