☁️Harem of BNHA boys X Reader: Wish Fulfillment Part 6

En başından başla

"I just said it's up in the air!" You huffed and pursed your lips in frustration.

Around the corner, just out of earshot, Midoriya was mumbling to himself. He desperately wanted you to ask him to the dance, but frowned upon the realization that his chances were pretty slim. "She'd probably rather go with someone her own age..." He muttered. He tried to listen to his senpai's advice, truly he did, but there was no way you'd ask him if you didn't know he WANTED you to ask him. During this reflection he decided it was better to just be honest and ask you.

Katsuki, on the other hand, knew the game already. He knew girls responded well to confidence. He figured he'd give you a day or two, let other couples pair off before your eyes, and then he'd finally ask you. Then you'd be so relieved, you'd relish in the fact that he asked you. At least that's how it played out in his head anyway. But a familiar grating voice immediately put a damper in his perfect plan.

"F/N-senpai... no. Maybe I should leave out the honorific in this case... But maybe she'd think it's disrespectful if I do..." Just outside the cafeteria stood Katsuki's obnoxious fluffy-haired adversary, rehearsing to ask you to the dance as if he were memorizing lines for a play. He sneered, eyes piercing the back of Izuku's head as he spoke to an imaginary person in front of him.

It was now that desperate measures were called for. Bakugou decided it was time to put an end to this and uproot that damn nerd's plans. He would simply jump the gun on him and ask you the moment school ended today...

---------------

"You can do it! I bet she'll be really excited to go with you." Mirio continued to give a falsely enthusiastic pep talk to the nervous boy in front of him.

"I dunno, Mirio... What if she's been asked already?" He shuddered at the potential embarrassment he would feel if that were the case. In all honesty, Tamaki wouldn't be surprised if you chose everyone else before him- especially seeing as it was a social event and those were certainly not his forte.

"Easy to find out." He shrugged and turned. "HEY F/N!" Tamaki's eyes widened in panic as you bounced down the hall in their direction.

"Hey guys!"

"So did anyone ask you to the dance yet?" Mirio asked casually.

"Heh. Of course not." You chuckled. "They just announced it this morning, silly." Mirio smiled in response. He secretly wanted that information for his own potential gain as well. Assuming Tamaki changed his mind or had plans, he would strategically offer to be a reliable back-up date. After a moment of silence, Mirio elbowed Tamaki in the flank, causing him to stand straight as a board.

"Uh-uhm... F/N..." He averted your gaze, cheeks flushing dark. "I was h-hoping... w-would you maybe... want to-"

"Senpai!" Midoriya's voice startled you so hard that you didn't hear Tamaki's head plunk against the cold locker in discouragement. "So... did you hear the announcement this morning?" 'That's a stupid question. Of course she did.' "...A-about the dance coming up?" Tamaki turned just enough to star daggers at the young boy.

"Hey." A low growl came from a familiar explosive blonde, strolling your direction with his hands casually in his pockets. You rolled your eyes, assuming he was coming to challenge you to a fight again. "So F/N." He swept in between you and Izuku. "You and me. The dance." He demanded with a confident smirk. Your mouth fell open, as did everyone else's.

"Oh!" You were flattered, but mostly dumbfounded. You kind of figured he hated you, and he was a bit of an asshole. But at least he was handsome, and you were able to match his banter to boot. But there was still a condition. "Are you going to dance?"

"What?" He wrinkled his nose at you. "No."

"Then no." You replied simply and a vein appeared in Bakugou's forehead. Midoriya figured he'd found the perfect place to jump in.

"Uhm... I don't dance much but... I could try..." You felt your cheeks warm up and Mirio saw Tamaki cringe towards the wall.

"Uh! Sorry, boys! She's already going with someone!" Togata's boisterous voice rang.

'I am?!'

"You are, senpai?" Midoriya asked sadly. "Who?"

"Uh..." You looked at Mirio, who seemed to be sweating bullets. He wanted so badly to claim you for himself, but he couldn't possibly do it in front of Tamaki. That would be cruel. But he couldn't just give Tamaki away like that either. It would be far too embarrassing for him.

"Uh... she's uh... going with..."

"It's a surprise." You smiled in a crooked way, figuring there had to be a good reason for his deceit, so you went along with the charade for now. You could always say you changed your mind later.

"Oh..." Izuku frowned in disappointment.

"Do you want to go with me, Midoriya?" Hado's voice rung out. It was unclear when she had joined this kerfuffle.

'What are you thinking, Nejire?!' You stared in confusion. Hadn't she been trying to set him up with you only a few hours ago? There were these things called words somewhere in the recesses of your brain, but you couldn't seem to locate them. You just gawked as the situation unfolded.

"Oh! ...Y-you really want to go with me?" Midoriya was honestly so surprised he didn't even blush. He never would have predicted such a beautiful third year to ask someone like him to the dance.

"Sure. It will be fun!"

"Uhm... s-sure..." Granted, this lovely girl wasn't his first choice, but he couldn't help but feel incredibly honored all the same.

"Save me a dance?" You grinned as Nejire swept the befuddled boy away.

"Y-yes! I will!" He returned your bright smile before Nejire bombarded him with talk of matching outfits and various planning.

'She wants someone who will dance, huh?'  Bakugou smirked as he walked away. 'Then I'll show her who the best dancer is...'

"..." You turned back to Tamaki and Mirio, noting that Katuski had disappeared. You hoped your rejection hadn't hurt his feelings. Now that you thought about it, it sounded pretty cruel. "Mirio... why did you say I had a date when I didn't? I wouldn't have minded going with either of them." Tamaki felt the harsh sting of rejection fill his heart at those words.

"I uh... was afraid that blonde would start a fight." He lied, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh. That makes sense." You smiled, grateful for him diffusing the situation. "I did the same thing last week when Bakugou got put in Tamaki's group."

"Because you thought I was too weak to handle it, right?" Amajiki's defensive tone surprised both of you.

"I never thought that." You stated softly. "Why are you acting this way?" His sudden defensiveness was baffling.

"I just never thought I'd be close friends with a cradle robber. That's all." It was as if Tamaki's words were coated by a layer of Shouto's ice. Your jaw dropped, as did Mirio's. All you could do is walk away, trying to figure out what you had done to upset Tamaki.

Actual footage of me on my BNHA hiatus: