1

Coming home from work, exhausted and sore, she didn't expect to see what she did. She watched with wide brown eyes as Gabe, her husband, beat her child Percy. Over what she didn't know and neither did it matter. There was no reason to beat up a child to the point of unconsciousness. Sally Jackson, Aka, Lily Potter stood horrified as she watched her ugly and smelly husband beat her son Percy Jackson.

Her eyes, stared at her unconscious son, surrounded by his own blood, broken and whimpering in his state of sleep.

Something finally clicked inside her, seeing this, her baby crumbled on the floor. It made her mad, she wanted to do something! Anything as the twisting tightness inside her chest grew, and suddenly she did, as her magic unbound itself and pushed out in a strong heat like a wave of orange-red and made Gabe Ugliano no more, only ash piled beside the boy.

With that, Sally-no Lily fell to the ground, her brown curly hair straightened turning bright red, and her blue eyes turning the bright green that came with her name. She remembered her first son Harry has the same. She cried as she looked at her hands. Her tannish skin going pale like it always was.

She heard crying, snapping her out of her shock and she crawled over to her 9-year-old son and pulled him to her not caring that she was getting blood all over herself, all she knew was that her son needed her. "Shhh, Percy, I'm here baby." Her English accent coming out where it had lain hidden for years. Hearing it made her tilt her head but she was more focused on her son.

"It hurts...." He whimpered somehow knowing it was her. Her hands were always going to be the same in the way that she held him.

Lily's eyes swelled up in tears, said tears finally spilling over as she looked at her broken son. "Don't worry, I'll figure something out, I-I always do." She says as she picks him up, wincing as he cried out, she put on her glamour without a spell or wand as she wouldn't be recognized as his mother here in America. She would need to continue the act of Sally Jackson a little it longer.

She took him to the hospital and told the story that her husband, had gotten drunk, beaten him, and then ran off with all their money. It wasn't far from the truth, she knew where he was, scattered ash on their trashy apartment ground, she hoped the cops believed it to be cigarette ashes the anything else it could be.

Hours she waited to hear any news about her son. He was taken to surgery over his leg, and to stop internal bleeding from the stong continuous kicks to his abdomen. And when she did, she sighed in relief knowing he was going to be okay now. Just....it was bad, but not life-threatening anymore.

Once she was allowed to see him she sighed again at seeing him breathing fine now then before where he could barely do so, his left leg was in a cast, and both his arms and his chest were tightly wrapped, telling her that his many ribs whcih were broken and such were taken care of. He had stitches on his stomach from what she was told, and on the corner of his eyebrow where a bear bottle had been broken. He would have scars for sure.

She sat beside him and watched him as he slept under the pain meds. Her eyes started to water as she looked at him in the hospital bed, a wave of guilt and regret crushing into her in a ner painful level.  "I'm so, so sorry, my baby boy." She whimpered out as tears came, and fell from her eyes.

When a policeman came in to question her about Gabe, she told the same thing she had told when she had first arrived.

"And does Percy know what happened?" The officer asked, their notebook and pen out writing what she said down quickly.

"He was....unconscious and barely there," Lily replied as she looked to her son when he whimpered in his sleep. Her hand squeezing his in comfort. "He wouldn't have been able to tell me much if he was."