~eight

*Yoongi PoV*

*Yoongi PoV*

I was walking to Y/N's home, I asked her for her address so that she wouldn't find out that I already know where she lives.

That would be creepy.

I walked on the path leading to her front door and climbed the stairs to the porch. I like her house, it's actually rather pretty.

I knocked on the door twice, waiting for someone to open up.

Literally two seconds after I knocked someone swung the door open, greeting me with a grin.

I was expecting it to be Y/N. She seems like a person who would wake up really early to eat breakfast and study but it would appear I was wrong.

"Hello..handsome." Taehyung, seriously?

Ugh, just pretend it's not Taehyung.

"Um, is Y/N home?" I tried to avoid an awkward conversation with him.

"Oh, yes. She is upstairs." He giggles. I was confused at his actions but I just shrugged it off, he's a bit extra.

As I trod up the stairs, memories of my childhood flooded through my mind.

...flashback...

"I'm going to catch you Suga!" The young girl chased after the slightly older boy as he scrambled around looking for a place to find sanctuary from her.

"I don't think so!" He laughed as he ran up the old fashioned wooden stairs.

When he reached the top he immediately hid behind a large box that probably came from a new desk chair for her father's office.

He waited and waited for her to come running upstairs behind him but she was nowhere to be seen.

As he was pondering on where her location was, his ears picked up the sound of soft sobbing coming from the staircase.

He immediately knew that it was her so he ran downstairs to help.

"Y/N?" He panicked as he caught sight of her sitting on a step in the middle of the stairs, holding her knee and wincing in pain.

He rushed down and plopped next to her, looking at her knee to see if it was badly hurt or not.

"Are you alright-" he began but was cut off by the menacing giggles that escaped from the young girl's peachy lips.

"TAG!" She exclaimed while smacking his arm. He was in complete shock and dismay for falling for one of the oldest tricks in the book, he didn't even realise that she had already ran off and hid somewhere.

He shook his head and chucked at her childish ways, he loved the way she did that. He loved the way he fell for her and her tricks every single time.

...end of flashback...

Yoongi smiled to himself as he recalled that memory. In fact, he had stopped going up the stairs while thinking so he was actually standing on the step that they were sitting on that day.

His heart hurt, he missed that. But he knew he could not bring back the past.

Yoongi was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts hy a familiar voice, "Yoongi?"

He looks, startled to find a tired looking Y/N standing at the top of the stairs still in her pyjamas rubbing her eye out of exhaustion.

"Oh hi Y/N. I came to work on the project." He smiled sheepishly. He found it cute how she wore a Tom and Jerry shirt to bed instead of actual pyjamas, just like he does.

"...I'm sorry I woke you." He continued, realising the irritated expression plastered on her bare face.

"No, no. It's..." She yawns mid sentence, "...it's okay."

He sighed out of relief, he didn't want her to be pissed at her while they had a project to work on.

"Let's go." She started to walk past him, down the stairs. "Aren't you going to change?" He asks. Not that he cared but you know, she could have forgotten.

She stops and looks at her pyjamas then back at him.

"Nahhhh. I like my pyjamas and you should too because they're cool, right?" Then she continues to walk downstairs.

"Right..." He rolls his eyes.

*a few hours later, 3rd person's PoV*

Finally, they were finished the project. Y/N was by now really tired and cranky, as was Yoongi, obviously.

As Y/N and Yoongi bid their goodbyes at the front door ready to part ways, Yoongi asked an unexpected question that caused both of them butterflies.

"D-do you want to maybe..hang out tomorrow?" He stressed as he was talking.

Y/N wanted to say yes but she was afraid... Afraid of what Yoongi might do.

She didn't fully trust him.

She was a little hesitant to go out with him by herself so she just lied instead of purposely upsetting him.

"Um... I'm sorry but I have to go out somewhere tomorrow..." She couldn't help but feel guilty but she had to be stubborn.

"Oh, that's okay." He smiled with his gummy smile. "I'll see you at school on Monday then!"

He waved at her before walking down the path and opening the gate to leave.

"Bye Yoongi..." She smiled sadly. Why did she feel so bad? It's not like they're friends or anything.

"Bye!" Although he sounded cheery, Y/N could still sense disappointment in his tone of voice.

--------------------

~author cass