~one

You are at home, in your bedroom accompanied by your lifelong best friend, Tzuyu

"Y/N, please!  I hate walking alone at night... What if a warewolf finds me and eats me?"

Tzuyu begs for you to walk home with her, a an overdramatic pout present on her lips.

You let out a laboured sigh, "Come on Tzuyu, I'm absolutely exhausted. Why can't you call for a taxi or something?"

"You don't care about me, do you?" Tzuyu frowns.

"Warewolves aren't real, you've been reading too many fantasy books." You peer over at her judgementally through your reading glasses.

"They are in fact real!" Tzuyu defends, slamming her book closed in temper.

"You don't believe because of all that junk that you're reading! They all exist, I'm telling you!" She then stands up while glaring at you.

You let out a light chuckle that almost resembles a scoff, "The 'junk' I am reading is literally a bibliography."

Placing down your book on your bedside table, you begin to make your descent to the door at the other side of your bedroom where Tzuyu was tapping her foot on the floor impatiently.

You reluctantly turn to look at her expectant facial expression.

After approximately three seconds of intense glaring you give in.

"Whatever. I'll walk you home. But not because I'm afraid of you getting eaten by a mystical creature, don't be dumb."

Tzuyu sighs exasperatedly but can't help herself let a grin creep onto her face at your words before practically dragging you out of the door.

*time skip*

You mockingly wave at Tzuyu as she enters her home, satisfied by your escort.

She twirls around to share one final look with you.

"Be weary, Y/N. Expect the unexpected!" She warns before slamming the front door.

You shake your head while clicking your tongue at how completely outlandish she is and begin to make your decent back home, alone.

It seems that Tzuyu wanted you to walk her home to ensure her safety but showed no concern for your own as you had to travel back home solo.

Sure, she gave you a strange warning before shutting the door but how was that going to help you in the long run?

You end up on an empty pathway next to the forest, engrossed in your thoughts.

It was eerily quiet.

You begin to think to yourself; 'There are no mystical creatures, but there are serial killers and-'

You stop in your tracks as you hear the spine tingling scream of a young woman followed by wails of desperation.

Someone was in trouble.