Chapter Thirty.

Insomnia was as Kiara expected it, the immense amount of daemons roaming the destroyed streets. Prompto squeezed his wife's hand and she squeezed back, turning to look at him. ''I'm not gonna let any of you die.'' 

''As long as you don't sacrifice yourself for any of us, then I'm okay with that.'' Kiara smiled at him with love in her eyes before removing her hand from his and engaging the first of many enemies with Noctis. 

The King himself noticed a synergy with her and Prompto. The two of them always stayed within certain feet of each other, they watched each other backs despite focusing on their own attackers. Syncronised attacks and even swapping weapons with each other, it all had him rather surprised at how connected they seemed to be. 

Daemon after Daemon until they got to the gates of the citadel, Noctis watched how Kiara and Prompto fought together, seeing how much they'd changed in ten years. Upon reaching the gates to the Citadel, Noctis pushed them open and all five walked through. 

Kiara had missed the Citadel, She remembered spending most of her time here, the time that wasn't spent with Crowe, Libertus and Nyx. 

''Ifrit! the infernian.'' Adryn's voice said as the man himself stood at the top of the staircase leading to the Citadel. ''He doesn't share the Glacian's fondness for mankind. But you can expect a...warm welcome. I shall await you..above'' 

Ifrit appeared not a moment later, sitting on a throne surrounded by fire. ''Stay cool, he's gonna bring the heat.'' 

''Then we should bring winter.'' Kiara smiled, coming up on Noctis's left with a large white fox beside her. Of course, it's never that easy as they go in for the fight, Noct is knocked down by the flame burst of Ifrit, who barely even had to wave his hand. 

''Noct!'' Prompto's yell was heard by her as she kept Ifrit's attention away from them. ''Stay, Down! We'll keep him busy!''

 Ignis tried to usher Noctis over to where he sat behind a safe place, Noctis a little too hurt to move quickly enough. Gladio helped give him an extra push as Prompto and Kiara jumped over the cover they were behind, waiting for Ifrit's next attack to pass. 

Immediately when it stopped did Prompto and Kiara move from behind the cover, Prompto summoning his guns as Kiara used her Queenly magic. Bright bursts of white light hit Ifrit head on, one of the only attacks that seemed to bother him. 

Though it didn't take long for Noctis to get into the swing of the hardcore fight when he summoned Bahamut, one of the six gods, that got Ifrit up off his chair. ''Finally off his fat ass.'' Kiara murmured, evidently heard by her husband when he gave a chuckle. 

''We haven't had a fight like this for so long.'' She added, watching as Noctis and Bahamut worked together. ''It's....invigorating.''  

''I know right!'' Prompto agreed excitedly ready to get back into the fight before Kiara grabbed him and pulled him into he chest. ''What?! Kiara we have a fight to win.'' 

''I know! I just...i have something to tell you when this is all over, okay? don't forget.'' 

''I wont! let's go!'' 

Go they did, back into the flames of Ifrit's fire. It went on for what felt like forever, and with each hit, it only felt like he was getting hotter, stronger. ''Right!'' She shouted, grabbing all four boys attention. ''Time to level the playing field. It's about to get cold up in here, boys!'' 

''Oh, oh! She's gonna do it!'' Prompto gushed, slapping his best friend on the back as he passed and ran towards his wife. They slammed into each other none too softly, chest against chest, her right arm curled around his neck as she pushed her nose against his. ''Ready?'' He asked, outstretching his arm towards Ifrit, who was suddenly interested in the married couple.