Chapter Fifteen

''So......where is it?'' Prompto asked, sounding so very bored. They'd been on the sea for about a day and a half, their journey soon coming to an end since the water was calm to allow for fast steering. 

''It's right there,'' Kiara replied, looking out onto the horizon. 

''Those just mountains! A mountain island! Stop joking, seriously, where is it I'm starting to get seasick.'' Kiara rolled her eyes but didn't answer. She walked to stand by side Cid and direct him to the east side of the island, trying to spot the entrance she had been shown in a dream a few times. 

It was true what Prompto had said, the entire Island was just mountains, a Large Cluster of mountains that ranged in size and height. They were covered in moss and trees and foliage, it was an Island that looked untouched by human hands. 

The boys wobbled as Cid took a sharp Right turn, not expecting the sudden movement and then wobbled again as they were hit by a lot of hanging foliage that no one even knew was coming their way. ''Ew, this stuff is wet and heavy. Where'd it even come from?'' 

Kiara applauded loudly and sarcastically at Noctis, turning to give a stupid wide-eyed smile. ''Well done! Plants near the water and exposed to the sky is wet! They're Magic plants, dumbo!'' 

Noctis looked like he wanted to argue but didn't really see the point as he instead asked. ''Magic plants?''

''In legend, It is said that you could look at the entrance and not even know it was there,'' Ignis explained before Kiara could. ''This leads me to believe there's some sort of concealing magic cast on the foliage around, no doubt to ward off enemies.''

''Oh!'' Prompto suddenly exclaimed very, very loudly. ''I get it now! The whole- woah.'' Prompto cut himself off with a noise of awe as the boat entered the Kingdom. ''The mountains go all the way around...'' 

Kiara smiled as Prompto stared in awe, the mountains did indeed go all the way around, and smack bang in the middle was the kingdom ''They act as the concealment, add a hidden door and voila! Boys, Welcome to Vitacelare...the City of life.''

Its name may not have sounded like something you would name an entire kingdom, but they all had to admit that it was teeming with life. Filled to the brim with plants, animals and different people. 

What could only be described as a fairytale castle was sitting in plain view, tall, large and very pristine, it was as if the kingdom wasn't lost at all. A stain glass window at the top of the highest tower showed the visage of a large Four-legged creature, a visage that would be seen everywhere. 

''I thought this kingdom was lost.'' Noctis wondered, remembering the stories. ''I remember dad telling me that it fell. It's rulers perished and it was left to ruin.'' He looked around at all the people who seemed to stop and stare in shock at the arrivals. 

The first outsiders they had seen for a while and they had just floated in from the front door. 

''The royal family perished. The people didn't and neither did their protection.'' Kiara elaborated. ''Niflheim attacked Vitacelare after they did Tenebrae. But they bit off more than they could chew with this city, as Insomnia had the protection of the new wall and the old, Vitacelare had a protection that lies with within the mountains; a Guardian that sleeps...waiting for when its needed again.''

''What kind of protection waits?'' Gladio asked, eyes glancing at the different mountains that circled the kingdom. 

''The kind that lives.'' her answer was vague, but even she didn't know what protected the city like it's home. ''It is said that whatever protects the city, also imbues it with a light like no other. It's like the light in Prompto's eyes when he sees a perfect place for a photo. Or the light in Cindy's when she gets to work on the regalia. It's a pure kind of light that it projects into the kingdom.''