Chapter Nine.

''Some kind of fortress,'' Noctis said when they arrived at their destination. The sun was quite low now, signalling the day coming to an end. 

''Yeah, a port-a-fortress. Those walls don't look so portable though.'' 

''They are remnants of the old war, and the imperial army has availed itself of the added protection. '' Ignis informed. ''Entry will not be easy.''

''So back to my plan?'' Kiara spoke, swaying on her feet. ''There's a haven nearby, we should rest, eat and devise a plan.''

''Resting and eating sound's nice! I second that!'' Prompto grinned, throwing his hand in the air and bouncing on his feet. Kiara smiled and turned in the direction of the haven, silently waving to the others to follow her. 

Sothmocke haven was the same as any other havens they had visited. The magical runes carved and endowed protecting them from demons at night. ''Woohoo! Bathtime!''

''Where would you even go to bathe and can I join?'' Prompto's face near enough exploded into a deep pink hue, spluttering out incoherent and incomplete sentences.

''Stop teasing him, we need him. '' Noctis said, nudging her as he walked past her. 

''But it's so fun. He's so innocent.'' She smiled cheekily, shooting a look in Prompto's direction. The poor boy wouldn't be able to remove the pink on his cheeks for a while. ''Come on, Prom. You don't wanna play?''  

''I hate you, Kiara. I really do.'' 

Kiara grinned as Noctis and Gladio silenced their own quiet conversation about the two in favour of addressing what Prompto had just said. ''Kiara? I thought your name was Blake?'' 

''Think I prefer Blake.'' Gladio chuckled. 

''My given name is Kiara, yes.'' She revealed, even Ignis looked a little surprise at the feminity in the name of such a brutal fighter such as her. '' I don't usually like people using it so I give them my last name instead. Only four people have ever called me by my first name and now, that includes Prompto. I suppose....you all can if you'd like.'' 

''It's a beautiful name.'' Ignis complemented, pushing the glasses up the bridge of his nose as he prepared the area for tonight's meal. All four boys liked it went Kiara was....well herself, the two personalities seemed to coincide with her two names. 

Blake, for the cautious and protecting Kingsglaive who fights like the devil with two bladed hand fans.

Then there was Kiara, the girl who let down all her walls and just wanted to have fun, to have friends. They all looked forward to seeing both personalities in their respective environments. Kiara sat between Noctis and Prompto as they ate, enjoying the conversation before it turned to the current situation. 

''So any bright ideas, Ignis?'' Noctis asked, his empty plate sitting on the floor in front of his feet. He smiled down at Kiara as she leaned down to steal the leftovers on it, obviously still feeling hungry and since Noctis didn't really like eating his greens; it didn't seem right for her to let Ignis's delicious cooking go to waste.

''A dark one, as it were, a frontal assault would leave us exposed but if we move under cover of night we might be able to infiltrate the base unnoticed. ''

''And until then?''

''We learn all we can about the base's design and attempt to narrow down the regalia's location. I'll analyse what intelligence we have available to find us a way in. ''

''Sounds good, specs.''

''Alright! we're gonna get our wheels back!'' 

''I love listening to Ignis.'' Kiara smiled wispily, staring at the bespectacled man as he gathered all the intelligence. ''His voice is just....mm, so nice.''