Chapter Twenty

Morning came quickly, as did the visit to the first secretary's estate, as they approached, Kiara pulled Noctis away for a hot minute. ''Listen, You may already know but Camelia doesn't exactly see you as a King. You need to prove to her that you are one, even if you still don't feel ready.'' 

''I'm distracted,'' Noctis revealed, pressing his lips into a thin line. ''All I can think about is Luna. She's so close.'' 

''Learn to let her go.'' Kiara replied. ''Or learn to use her as your strength. When talking to Camelia, steer away from Luna, stay only on the topic of Accordo and Leviathan. Be truthful where you can. A king is always political, no matter how much he fears for his loved ones.''  

Noctis gave a short nod. ''Right. Thanks, Kiara.'' 

With a smile, Kiara and the boys followed Noctis into the estate, only having to wait as Noctis could only go on and see the Secretary alone. They waited until it was finally over, leaving the estate with the knowledge that they'd gained Camelia's favour. 

On the day of the Rite, the plan was set and Kiara listened as the Lady Lunafreya spoke her piece to the people of Eos. Beside her at the altar was the small fox that Kiara had summoned several days earlier, seemingly none but she and the Oracle could see it. 

Leviathan was a large serpent, as expected, but didn't seem all that interested in helping the people out, Let alone the king. The boys spoke over the earpieces, one of which Kiara had gotten a few weeks ago but barely ever liked to use, it served well to listen to her boys as she fought the imperial army when they arrived. 

That sense of foreboding came once again, bubbling in the pit of her stomach as Prompto's voice came over the earpiece. The city was in ruins as Noctis fought the Leviathan, the imperial troops just kept coming as the city itself was evacuated. 

Honestly, Kiara couldn't wait until it was over, her hair was already messy and strands were carelessly popping out of the clean bun she had put it up in to - not really so clean after all. She'd lost the earpiece at some point during the fights with Niflheim, she assumed it was when one had thrown her into a nearby wall but she couldn't be sure. 

''Blake!'' A voice called to her a few minutes after a large tremor shook the ground. She turned to find none other than Ignis, which confused her since the boys never used her fake last name anymore. 

''Ignis?'' he looked wet, tired and a little beaten up, which again, was very weird for Kiara to see. ''Why did you call me Blake?'' She asked as he stopped about five feet away from her. 

Ignis cleared his throat, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose with his middle finger, at this, Kiara narrowed her eyes. ''Apologies. I was wondering if you'd seen Prompto or Gladio?'' 

''You were with them.'' This was true. Last she heard over the earpiece was Prompto's return to Ignis and Gladio since he had gone to help Noctis get to Leviathan.  

''Yes, well. We got separated, afraid I'm having trouble finding my way back to them.'' 

''Why is that.'' Kiara didn't trust the feeling she got from Ignis. it was different to how she usually felt around him, the regal calmness Ignis always portrayed was not there. Shoulders weren't held back, his head moved in patterns they wouldn't normally and the same went for his walking pattern; the way he bobbed on his feet as though they were causing him a great discomfort. 

''I'm not quite sure really.'' Ignis answer, his left hand lifting up to dismiss the question. ''No matter, We shall find them and reunite together.'' His right hand outstretched for her to take it, another confusing action. 

''Ignis, what's my name?'' 

''Surely you remember?'' 

Kiara gave a spiteful smile that looked slightly more like a sneer ''Fun trivia game, what's my name?''