Chapter Eleven

''Could dreams reveal that which might be lost?'

Kiara opened her eyes to see a brilliant white ceiling, which had her confused, last she remembered, she was sitting with Ignis, Gladio and Prompto. ''My lady.'' A woman's voice spoke from the right, turning her head, Kiara saw a woman clothed in a simple blue dress ''I have prepared your clothing.'' 

''Lana, thank you.'' the voice that replied was not her own, nor any she had ever heard before. All actions she took were not her own, It was as though she were watching someone's life through their own eyes. As she came to stand in front of a mirror, there stood the beautiful visage of a woman, long blonde hair and wearing the white dress the servant had laid out. 

A baby cry then sounded from across the room, Kiara saw the lady she watched through raise a hand to silently dismiss the maid before she turned and walked towards a crib in the corner of the room. Looking down into and Kiara saw the tiny form a recently born child, she looked no more than a year old. 

''Hush.'' the lady's voice spoke again as she reached in to pick the child up and cradle her in her arms. ''Hush my child, Breakfast is coming little one.'' Kiara had no choice but to watch through the eyes of this regal woman as she breastfed her child. 

''Is my darling daughter feeling fine on this lovely morn.'' A males voice the spoke as a door opened to the left. The voice heavily familiar but it didn't click until Kiara saw his face. 'Father'

The man was indeed her father, dark brown hair sat upon his head and he was rather younger than she remembered him to be. Kiara had to figure it all out in her head, the only conclusion she could come to was the one she didn't want to be true. 

That this baby was her. 

The woman she was looking through was her mother. 

...Her mother.

''Kasula, we have a guest in the kingdom.'' The father spoke again with a small smile. ''Dear, Regis has come for a visit, to introduce his own child.'' 

''That's wonderful! He has yet to meet our little girl.'' 

 'Memories of the past fade, but are never truly forgotten'

The child that sat on the floor in front of her was older, she could see the resemblance now, the brown hair that was barely even shoulder length and the green eyes that held so much wonder; she looked around two years old now. She sat with a boy of the same age, hair as dark as the night. 

At the other end of the large room sat two men, one was her father and the other was most definitely king Regis. ''Kiara Caudatus Nala!'' The name was called firmly as the child snatched a toy from the hands of her playmate. ''We share our toys with those we care for.'' 

Though the children probably didn't understand much, nothing seemed to stop Kasula from disciplining the girl. It was strange for Kiara, she had never remembered anything in regards to her mother, so it was weird to see life through her eyes. 

''Regis! how is Noctis fairing in the citadel? Is he a joy there as he is here?'' Kasula asked King Regis before once again, the scene changed. Kiara was unaware she had been playmates with Noctis at such a young age, hell, she hadn't known that King Regis was as close to her father as she had seen there.  

Now there was no confusion on why the King was so soft on her. 

''Memories lay a foundation that Friendships rest upon.''

''Tenebrae has been lost.'' Her father spoke from beside her mother. ''Niflheim will truly stop at nothing.''

''I fear we are next.'' Kasula expressed, her eyes darting to her daughter, who rested in a chair, reading a book. Kiara saw herself so much older, but she remembered how she looked, she was only confused on how she couldn't remember any of this. ''Promise me, Darling. Promise that no matter what happens, Kiara will always be your top priority.''