Chapter One.

She was one of the best, which is why he sat on his throne awaiting her arrival. He had sent off for her, to ask her of a favour which he was sure she would agree to with only little argument. 

Twenty year old, Kiara Blake, was a proud member of the Kingsglaive since she was seventeen; her heeled boots clicked against the smooth and shiny floor, the sound echoing and signally her arrival. 

''King Regis, Your Majesty.'' Kiara Blake addressed the man on his throne and she was let into the room. She stopped at the bottom of the staircase leading up to him and gave a bow. ''You summoned me?'' 

King Regis looked as Royal as he always did, Grey hair sat neatly on top of his head and his bread was just as neat, his robes were clean and his eyes were stern, with just a dash of fondness swimming around in there. ''Kiara Blake, You have proved to be a fine warrior amongst the Kingsglaive and know that I am overjoyed to see the strong woman you have grown to be.''

Kiara's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, the King wasn't being as formal as he usually was. He never usually talked in such a way that made him seem anything less than Regal and Strong; but here he was, showing just a little weakness.

''Your Majesty? Forgive me, but it seems as if something is troubling you?'' 

''You know of our arriving guests from Niflheim.'' It wasn't a question but nevertheless, Kiara nodded. ''The marriage between my son and Lady Lunafreya is a blessing that must come to pass.'' 

''You would like me to accompany him?'' 

King Regis' shoulders shook just a little, giving away that he gave the tiniest of laughs to her words. ''Ever attentive, I fear you spend to much time with me, you are now reading my mind.'' Any trace of jesting fell from his face and was replaced with a grave expression. ''If you would do me just one last Favour, Go with them, Protect him.''The king's face held worry, that much she could see. 

''My king, It isn't so much reading your mind so much as knowing the love you hold for your son. It's great, its only natural you would want to protect him as much as you are able.'' Kiara looked up at her king with a small and kind smile. ''For you, and In memory of my father, I will do whatever it takes to protect the prince.''

''You are a fine woman, Kiara. Your father would be proud.'' 

''I will guide him, Make him a prince worthy and ready to become a king,'' Kiara said loudly, proudly and with enough Vigour to put the King's mind at ease. ''If you may permit me, I would like to set out for Hammerhead beforehand and I shall convene with your son before he passes that mark.''

''Permission granted.'' King Regis replied. ''For what reason might you have to go there?'' 

Kiara gave a large grin, any formality falling for a moment. ''A man is upgrading my weapons.'' King Regis knew exactly who she was talking about, A small chuckle escaped him as he waved at Kiara, her sign that she was allowed to leave his presence now. 

But as she approached the large door, she stopped, hesitating as she turned her head once more to look at him. She felt a foreboding in her stomach, a sort of achy turn about that almost made her want to throw up. ''If I may, Your Majesty. It has been an absolute honour to have served under you, To have experienced ......a father as well as a king. My blood relation died so many years ago and I can barely remember his face.....but yours?-''

Kiara turned on her feet, the heel of her boot screeching slightly ''Yours is a face I'll remember even after the end of my days. My attachment to you made it feel as though I hadn't lost a father at all. Thank you, for my wonderful life.'' Kiara then turned once more and left the throne room, leaving a bewildered, overwhelmed and very emotional King in her wake. 

Outside, Kiara threw a leg over her bike, securing her helmet and bringing her old beloved vehicle to life. On the way out of the city, A blonde boy who grew just a little too excited almost became roadkill if it weren't for her quick swerving; she briefly heard an apology yelled and she had to roll her eyes a little. 

She arrived in Hammerhead near enough at the end of the day, when it started to grow dark. Removing her helmet and leaving her bike near the petrol tanks, Kiara called out for the man she knew working on her blades. ''Sophiar! I'm here!'' 

What approached her was not the old man who took her weapons but instead a beautiful blonde woman. ''Oh! You must be Blake! Paw paw's not here right now, but he did finish your weapons. I'm his granddaughter, Cindy Aurum.''

''Pleasure.'' Kiara replied to her, Looking at the short-haired woman who wore nothing more than shorts, half a bikini and a yellow cropped jacket adorned with a red 'Hammerhead service station' cap. The tool belt around her waist and oil on her face spoke to Kiara. ''Mind taking a look at my girl? I think shes got an oil leak, she needs to be ready before the prince arrives!''

''Oh yeah, Pawpaw said he was comin'. I'd love to take a look at your girl, that her over there?'' Kiara nodded to Cindy, liking the and her ignorance to all of the stares on them. ''She's a beaut alright, Could do with a paint though; if you'd like?'' 

Cindy gave Kiara a sly look while the woman in black opened the storage box on the back of the bike, putting in the cropped leather jacket that made her sweat under the hot insomnia sun; unfortunately, the leather bodysuit was much too hard to just remove. 

''What colour would you her dressed in?'' 

''Well, there ain't much of a body to 'er, a nice green to go with her owner's eyes might do the job? Look awfully nice too.'' Cindy stood up, placing hands on her hips, the sly smile still present. 

''Hm...I like the sound of it. what the hell, do it.'' Cindy gave a small clap, excited to work on the bike until the prices arrival tomorrow. ''I'll bring your weapons out when I'm done with her.''

Kiara gave a wave to tell Cindy she heard as she pulled her vibrating Phone. It was a message from another Glaive she had met a few times and quite enjoyed being around, Nyx Ulric, she had also met Crowe and Libertus as she was with Nyx. 

Maybe it was how handsome he was or how recklessly brave he was, but she liked him better than any of the other Glaives she had met, unable to spend much time with them since she had been pretty much a royal guard since her induction into the Kingsglaive. 

She sat in the cafe, having the most expensive thing on the menu purely because she was starving. Cindy finished not too long after, giving Kiara her weapons before rolling her newly green bike out of the garage. 

''Looks lovely, Cindy. Looks like your granddaddy did good on my weapons too. I'm going to retire now, if you see him, be sure to thank him for me.'' Kiara placed an amount of Gil in Cindys hands and turned to walk towards the caravan. 

Darkness settled in the land of Insomnia and Kiara settled nicely into the bed of the caravan, taking a much-needed rest before the Prince's arrival. Kiara only hoped he wouldn't be rude, she had never met the prince before, so she had no knowledge of his personality, only his physical appearance. 

Turns out, it wasn't really the prince she had to worry about. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm saying this now, i won't really be describing many fights scenes since i suck at them. there'll be little snippets every now and again though. this follows the story too...somewhat. 

But i am so totally in love with final fantasy and i needed to put that love into something XD