Chapter Eighteen

Kiara slept for a whole day and a half and while she did, The boys took to exploring the land and explaining what had happened to the people. By the end of day one, everyone knew that the new Queen had inherited her abilities. 

While they were all living life, Kiara's sleeping wasn't sleeping so much as it was learning and when she was done, She near enough gave poor Prompto a heart attack when she bolted upright in the bed. 

''You're awake!'' He cheered after overcoming the mini heart attack, throwing himself forward to wrap her in a tight hug. ''You've been asleep for like, almost two days!'' 

''Oh! hi there, sunshine.'' She chuckled, ''Sorry, I didn't know that Fox spirit would suck out all of my energy so quickly.'' 

''That was a funky looking Fox spirit.'' He pulled away, giving her a bright smile. ''You should get dressed, everyone's waiting!''

''You changed me?'' She asked as Prompto stood up, he froze looking bashful as he shook his head lightly. Kiara chuckled. ''Of course not, Far too innocent for that, aren't you?'' Prompto gave a shy laugh before leaving the room so she could change. 

Left out for her, no doubt by Nyx, was a pair of black jeans, a black T-shirt and a leather jacket. ''Boat all ready?'' she asked when she reached the foyer, where everyone had gathered. They all looked up at her with smiles, even Gladio seemed to have gotten over whatever rut he was in that day. 

''Always is. Feeling any better?'' 

''Much, Let's hit Altissia.'' 

''Where's the fire?'' Noctis chuckled, watching as she jogged to the door of the castle. ''We don't have to go yet.'' 

''I know, but I've done everything I need to do here. We need to get Altissia quickly so let's go.'' she opened the door, gesturing them to walk through it and all did....except Nyx. ''Come on, slowpoke, you'll get left behind.'' 

''Yeh, About that, Pigeon.'' 

The smile fell from Kiara's, tears gathered in her eyes quite quickly. ''No. Please, Come with us.'' 

''I can't.'' He told her with a sad smile. ''I'll stay here, Hold down the fort for you. Someone's got to.'' 

''But.....Libertus. He doesn't know you're okay and Lunafreya will want to see you as well.'' she tried to convince him but could see it wasn't working, Nyx just continued to shake his head. ''I just got you back.'' 

''I'll still be here.'' He promised. ''When you get back, I'll be here.'' 

''The place will be a mess.'' Kiara laughed, wiping a tear from her cheek. ''Okay then, I'll see you later?'' Nyx nodded, walking forward and pulling her into a heartfelt hug, glancing over her to see the boys who stood waiting and watching. 

''They're waiting, You gotta go.'' He gently pushed her away. ''Tell Lunafreya she did well if she made it all the way to Altissia.'' 

The pain on Kiara's face was evident, he could see that it hurt her to leave him here and not force him to come with her. She reached up and placed her hands either side of his face, her thumbs gently stroking over the skin of his cheeks and gently gave a small tug to bring him down; She gave a quick smile before pushing her lips against his. 

Though he knew it would hurt Prompto to see this, he wasn't passing up the chance. Nyx's eyes closed immediately and his right arm slid around her waist, but he knew. He knew Kiara held only platonic feelings for him, this was simply something she had wanted to do since his supposed death. 

The kiss was everything Kiara could have hoped from someone like Nyx, soft and gentle but experienced and absolutely intoxication. It was enough to fill the fantasy her seventeen-year-old self had. 

It did indeed hurt Prompto, but he knew that Kiara had wanted to kiss Nyx even just the once; still, he had to look away - jealousy getting the better of him. Kiara pulled away after a few moments, opening her eyes and giving a smile.''You should take that. Only right that my first crush get's my first kiss.'' 

Nyx's eyebrows shot up in surprise, knowing Kiara wasn't exactly a pure lady and while she may have given that part of herself to someone else, she saved what she felt was more important...for him. He chuckled softly, replying in an even softer voice ''Thanks for saving my life,'' Nyx stood up straight and looked down at Kiara like he normally had to. She would have been confused if it wasn't for the fox spirit that had shown her why Nyx was still alive. 

That morning on the beach, the way she screamed. It had halted his death, the Kings of Lucis could not claim him because his soul had been saved by the one thing older than even them. 

Smirking, Kiara punched him in the stomach. ''That was for almost dying but...You're welcome.  '' Kiara turned away and walked towards her friends, smirk falling when out of Nyx's view and despite the jealousy, Prompto was still there to meet Kiara's heartbreak with a comforting one-armed hug when she reached his side. 

She was silent as they boarded the boat, silent as they drove away from Vitacelare. The only smile she gave was to the people who passed, wanting to say their bit to returned Queen. The journey to Altissia took the rest of the day and even well into the next, Kiara still didn't feel like talking. 

''So ...Queen.''

''Please don't.'' She told Prompto before he could continue with whatever he was going to say after that. ''I'm still just me, You're not gonna treat me any differently right?''

''No, Of course not. It's just.....wow.'' Kiara smiled, nudging Prompto's arm with hers. ''I never expected it, you know. I used to have no friends, Now I have two Royal ones.'' 

''I can't imagine you not having any friends.'' She furrowed her eyebrows, confused. ''You're quite literally my favourite ball of sunshine. How does anyone not love you?'' 

''Well, I wasn't always this devilishly handsome.'' He joked before it fell serious. ''I was a chubby little kid with nothing but my camera. It wasn't until I saved Luna's dog, Pryna, that I decided to lose the weight. she asked me to be friends with Noctis. But I couldn't do it until I'd become an entirely different person.'' 

''Chubby Prompto sounds adorable, I'm not gonna lie, I would have liked to have seen it.'' Prompto blushed but didn't give an answer as they had finally made it to Altissia. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)

Hearth and Homeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें