Chapter Twenty One

Kiara woke up with a moan, a dull ache in the corner of her left side and she was cold.....really cold. She was laid in a single bed, a blanket over her legs and hips but her top half was near enough bare, save for the cropped top she now wore. 

It was hard to move, everything sort of ached but she attempted to stretch anyway, only to end up crying out and bringing both hands over her left side, meeting with the bandages that covered her wound. ''such a dick.'' She groaned out, referring to Ardyn. 

She turned on her right side, looking at the bedside table that her necklace rested upon. Reaching out, she took it and placed it back in its rightful spot around her neck before the door to the room opened, in walking Ignis.

''Iggy.''

''You're awake.'' he stated with a fondness in his tone. ''I'm glad. No doubt, Gladio and Prompto will be as well. They'll be along shortly.'' 

''Your eyes.'' Ignis looked uncomfortable with the statement, she hadn't been awake long and she'd already noticed his current state. ''Noct?''

''None the worse for wear, he rests. You sustained a rather blunt wound as well. You've been resting for the for the better part of two days.'' He explained. ''Had all of us in a worry, Prompto especially.'' 

She groaned a little bit more as she started to sit up, resting herself against the headboard of the bed. ''Are they okay? Gladio? Prom?'' 

''They're absolutely fine, If a little tired.'' 

''You still look very pretty, Iggy.'' Kiara smiled, although he couldn't see it, she still made sure to put a tone of amusement in her voice. Ignis's solemn look lifted for a few moments, a smile growing on his face just as Prompto and Gladio walked into the room.

 ''Hey, Finally awake.'' Gladio smiled as Prompto came rushing over with a cup of water. ''What a lazy queen you are.''

Kiara rolled her eyes as her lips touched the glass of the cup in her hand, green eyes moving from Gladio to Prompto, looking him over as she drank. ''I'm so glad you're awake.'' he was quiet, unable to speak any louder for fear he would wake up and she would still be sleeping. 

Kiara smiled at Prompto until a thought popped into her head. ''Is there a tattoo place in Altissia?''

''Nope.'' Gladio replied. ''But I'll call my guy to meet us in Cape caem when we return. Aching for some Ink, hm?'' 

''Yeah.'' She said, eyes glancing back over to Prompto. ''I have an idea.'' 

A few days later and Noctis woke up from his slumber to find out that Lunafreya had passed, Kiara looked down to her hands, the orange nail once again back to its natural state. When all was ready to set sail, Kiara had taken to looking after Ignis until he felt comfortable with his blindness, or until she figured out a way to return his sight.

The boat ride back to Cape caem was near enough silent, save for a few conversations she had with each of the boys. Noctis had barely spoken a word since the news of Luna, barely even looked at anyone and really....seen them.

Gladio's Tattooist was waiting when they returned, Prompto was shooed from the room as she got her new ink. She enjoyed the feeling of the needle piercing the skin over and over again, the thrill of seeing what her idea looked like on her skin. 

''Can we see it!'' Prompto immediately asked upon her exit of the room. 

''I mean ...sure?'' She replied with a cheeky smile as she raised her hands to the hem of her less tight jeans and made ready to push them down.

''No no! stop! Oh my god!'' Prompto yelled, hands over his eyes and face flushing red. ''Why did you get it there!? I wanted to see it!'' The other boys -save for Noctis - chuckled at Prompto's embarrassment, no matter how many times he saw her half-naked, he was always so bashful.