Chapter Twenty Four.

''Pedal to the floor, Noct!'' Kiara yelled as they had abandoned the train for the Regalia. Daemons had infested the engine and with Kiara being the only one able to use weapons, the only option was the flee. 

Luckily enough, the Regalia was in the holding car of the train and they managed to drive away but only had a limited time to reach their destination before it was locked off. Imperials tried to blow them from the tracks, though Noctis seemed to do well in avoiding the explosions. 

But finally... finally, they made it through the gate. ''That's all she's got.''

''It'll do.'' 

''Are we seriously marching into the capital emptyhanded?''

''And with no assurances, the crystal can beat back the daemon hoardes.''

''Then we'll do it the hard way,'' Kiara interjected, annoyed that the mission had turned to such a situation. ''We've been doing it so far, a little more won't kill us.'' 

Noctis nodded in agreement, the two of them walking on, both as eager as the other to hopefully find Prompto in their journey to the crystal; and the two it became when Gladio and Ignis were separated from them by a falling train car. 

''Look at you, All by your lonesome.'' Ardyn's voice filled their heads. 

''Oh i hate this guy!'' Kiara growled, grabbing ahold of Noct's hand and pulling him through the hoardes of demons, swinging her weapons to push them out the way. 

''I'm sorry, Kiara.'' Noctis apologised to her as they ran. 

''for what?'' 

''Pushing Prompto.'' He explained. ''It was an accident. Ardyn had made an illusion and i thought-''

''Save it.'' She cut the king off ''I never blamed you anyway.'' 

Noctis stared at the back of Kiara's head as she pulled him, running faster than he could ever hope to and he tried to keep up. Snaga after Snaga kept appearing and chasing until there were just too many to keep pushing away. 

''Fuck.'' She cursed to herself, stopping her run and turning to Noctis. Pushing one her blades into his hands. ''Take this. Go and I'll find you in like...fifteen minutes.'' 

''Where am I supposed to go-'' A slight scream left his throat, cutting off his sentence as Kiara quite literally lifted him and threw him over a train car. ''Kiara!'' 

Even she was surprised with the strength but had no time to dwell on it as she led the large group of Snaga's away from the direction Noctis was going, disposing of them all before heading back to find her king. 

A million daemons and a few trip-ups later and finally, Kiara had found her way into Zegnautus keep. ''How nice of you to join us, My lady.'' Ardyn's voice rang out through the corridor. ''You must feel so lonely. You must miss your dear Prompto.''

''Where is he!'' 

There was no answer, but Kiara kept on walking, trying to find her way through the maze that this keep was built in. Through daemons and MT's, she did only wish that the boys were here to keep her company. 

''Wouldn't you like to know?'' Ardyns voice said again as she walked into a room. ''I know you're curious as to what dear Prompto is hiding. Go ahead. Take a look.''

There was nothing in the room except for a file, a document that spoke about clones being made a while ago to keep up the numbers of the MT's so the imperial's army wouldn't falter. She flipped the loose page over to find another. 

''Prototype numbering instructions?'' She spoke out loud, eyes scanning the picture of a barcode. The same one she could have sworn she saw on Prompto's wrist. ''Clones of Verstael for demonification?''