Chapter Twenty Eight

The first months were hard, tiring. 

Aurora hardly ever slept through a full night by the watch's time, Both of them would be awake but only one would ever get up to silence the child, each of them taking turns each night the baby cried. 

Kiara mostly dealt with Aurora while Prompto hunted, working missions for money. Sometimes she went to hammerhead with him, to let Cindy and the others meet the baby despite protests from Prompto. 

Gladio's excitement over the small child was immense, holding her in his large hands looked as though he could crush her with one clench of his fist. Kiara knew he would spoil Aurora as soon as she saw the look of wonder in his eyes, the girl would definitely grow up loved. 

 A year passed and Aurora's birthday was a large affair, friends from all over were invited to come see her and near enough all of them attended, the ones that could attend. It ended up becoming a sort of, cakeless party until Ignis stunned them all by bringing in the delicious and unhealthy chocolate sponge. 

Of course, It was shaped like a chocobo. How Ignis did it, she'll never know but she was definitely impressed. Wiz from the Chocobo post gifted Aurora with her own little chocobo toy, of which never left the child's side. Prompto was overjoyed his daughter loved Chocobo's so early in her life. 

Their visit to Vitacelare was well overdue, getting off the boat with Aurora in her arms she walked through the town and up to the castle, where Nyx was unaware of her presence on the island. 

The man's face held a flurry of different emotions from happiness when he heard her voice and then shock and excitement at the sight of Aurora. Needless to say, Nyx was so happy to see Kiara had the child she'd always wanted. 

Aurora was nearing 2 years old when Prompto finally gathered his courage, fiddling with the object in his pocket nervously as he tried to think of how to do it. Should it be normal, the usual asking or something more original? He wasn't sure but in the end, his silence put her on edge. 

''Prom? You okay, sunshine?'' Kiara asked, handing Aurora to Cindy so she could talk with her lover. Sitting next to him, she stared and waited for his answer, it didn't come. ''Prompto? Talk to me.''

He couldn't, he was far too nervous, no words would even come to mind. So, in the end, he settled for taking out the object and holding it out to her with hope in his eyes... with a little bit of fear in there as well. 

Kiara held her breath, staring down at the box in his hand and slowly reaching out her hands. Glancing up at him quickly as she grasped the lid, opening it with the hope that it would be what she hoped it was. 

Kiara had never squealed with happiness so loudly before, but when she saw the blue gem sitting the middle of a silver band, she just couldn't help herself. The noise through Prompto out of his fear-ridden state, and after, he was through from the chair as Kiara tackled him; pushing kisses on every inch of his face. 

A minute of kissing and she remembered, grabbing the ring from the box and holding it out along with her hand, bouncing impatiently as she waited for him to slip it on her finger. When he did, she squealed once again and held the hand in Cindy and Talcott's direction. 

''I'M GETTING MARRIED!'' It was a full ten minutes of happy screaming, straddling her now fiancee's waist and not letting him up from the floor. Cindy and Talcott continued to smile, playing with Aurora who was blissfully unaware of her mother's excitement. 

Of course, The wedding wasn't anything too extravagant, being in a world of darkness puts a damper on things but not by much. Kiara made sure Ignis and Gladio could be there, the same with Cid and Iris; Nyx had even come to witness it. 

Kiara hadn't stopped bouncing the moment her feet stopped in front of Prompto, thoroughly excited to be married to Prompto for literally as long as could be. Again, Prompto was almost thrown off his feet when Kiara launched herself towards him to seal the marriage with a kiss; far too eager if Gladio were to state his opinion with that teasing grin he always sported. 

Husband, wife and child, her life could not have been better. 

Aurora learnt and grew quickly, She learnt to walk fairly easily with little mistakes and picked up talking quickly as well, her first word being 'Mama' despite Prompto's efforts for it to be ' Chocobo'.

The years passed and Kiara watched as everyone grew, as they changed. Gladio's hair was longer every time she saw it, Ignis was growing more and more comfortable in his blindness and Little Talcott had grown up. 

Ten years. 

Ten years since Noctis went into the crystal. 

Ten years of darkness but it was definitely not ten years of sadness. Yes, she was sad Noctis had missed so much but she loved every minute of the ten years she had lived, her daughter was beautiful and so full of life in this darkened world and her husband? 

Kiara loved to stare at Prompto, he had grown from his young face, a few wrinkles around his eyes- the both of them now Thirty years old. The tuft of blonde hair on his chin added to his looks, he had wanted a full beard but changed his mind when Kiara gave her opinion on the small goatee. 

This opinion was not for young ears. 

Prompto was never ready to see the amount of love in Kiara's, after ten years, it still astounded him that someone loved him as much as she did and after Ten years of living in darkness...

The light was coming soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)