Chapter 15 - Taking Care of Business (Bachman Turner Overdrive)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I backed up flush to the parapet, almost toppling over the damn thing. There's no way for me to escape.

What the hell????!!!!  😖

"Look, everything here is yours to take back. For you and your people"  I babbled in fear of his anger, waving a hand over the roof.

"The lot. All I ask in return is that you let Leo stay with you. Protect him as you do everyone else. Please? "  I begged.

"Wow. You're one class act, lady!"  He spat, getting right into my face.

"So, this was your plan eh....you played everyone didn't you? Making us all believe you actually gave a shit. Pretending to care about the old folk. Sucking us all in. When all along your aim was to palm poor Leo off onto us."

"So you wouldn't have to be responsible for him anymore."

"He said he wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you. That you cared for him. When he hears you just wanna dump his ass, while you stay here....paying us off with supplies to keep him?"

"How the hell is he going to feel....do you even give a fuck? "

"No, no....you've got it all wrong. Please...."  I whispered in shock but he cut me off again.

"Enough with the bullshit. We were going to ask both of you to stay with us. Leo can, we'll gladly have him. But you? You can forget about that now....ZORRA! "

"No fucking way! Now I know what you're really like, ready to cut and run when you see the opportunity. I was an idiot to ever think we could...."

He tapered off but not before sticking the knife in one last time.

"I should've let Hervé have you....you're well suited to each other."

I was so rattled. Just stood there, stupidly trying to gasp in air as he flicked his hand over the first lot of supplies. Gave orders to his vato's.

"Gentlemen? Let's go to work then get the fuck out of here. Without her! "

They reluctantly grabbed bags and started down the steps. Guillermo turned to follow them.

FOR FUCKS SAKE!

He knows why I can't stay at the residence. Why is he twisting it all around? The words start to tumble out of my mouth....

"You're a million percent right. I can never expect to be asked to stay."

"I screwed up big-time and don't I know it! I'm to blame and no one is more sorrier about that than me. I lost it when Hervé did....what he did."

"I was scared and I got angry!"

"Should've handled it better, but I didn't. I hurt one of their own then threatened all of them....your vato's. It's no wonder they all hate me."

"That's why you put me in your room and stayed with me last night, wasn't it? In case of retaliation? What if it happened and you had to kill one of your own just to protect my sorry ass? They look up to you and respect you. Hell....I do too! "

"Why do you think I asked you to bring me back....so you wouldn't have to kill one of your family....because of me! "

Guillermo turned to speak and I held up a hand to stop him.

"I swear on my life I never played you. I never lied then and I'm not lying now. But you're so very wrong about me wanting to get rid of Leo. I love him and that's why he has to stay with you now! "