The conversations lasted for a little while longer before some of them got bored about hearing about performances. The two biggest ones were Ash and Paul. So when they got up, Tierno, Korrina, and Clemont took the opportunity to get away since they knew they were up to something.

"Ok guys what's the plan," asked Korrina. "Well we were going to have a Pokemon battle. Care to join us," asked Ash. "Sounds great, how about a tag battle," Tierno suggested. "I'll act as the referee," added Clemont. "No," Paul said coldly. "And why not," Korrina asked sounding angry. Paul smirked, "because I have a better idea. A battle royal." Everyone looked at each other confused, then back to Paul for an answer. "I took part in one in Alola. There's this masked idiot who specializes in them. The rules are simple, it's four trainers, one Pokemon a piece, each battling each other. The last Pokemon standing wins," Paul explained. "Now that sounds like fun, right buddy," Ash said excitedly. Pikachu cheered in agreement. "Great, because I want you to battle," Ash said to Pikachu, who sparked his cheeks showing he was ready to battle. "Good, Drapion could use a decent match," said Paul.

As they made their way to the battle field Ash and Paul continued to talk, as Korrina and Tierno were a few steps behind. "Hey Korrina," whispered Tierno as he nudged her. "What." "From what I can tell Paul is just as tough an opponent as Ash. You and I don't stand a chance against either of them, so why don't we hang back and let them weaken each other. Then we come in and beat them both, leaving it just you versus me," Tierno suggested. Korrina thought about it as she looked at Paul and Ash and remembered their match against each other. "Can you use mega evolution," Korrina asked. "Yup, my Blastoise," Tierno replied. "Good, you take Paul, I'll get Ash."

Serena, Shauna, Miette, and Bonnie stayed inside talking, while everyone else just headed outside to the battle field. "So Miette, who is Paul? I mean, you've said he's your security, but you don't exactly treat him like that," asked Shauna with a smirk. Miette's face turned bright red, which caused Serena and Shauna to giggle as she confirmed she felt more towards him than that with the blush. "Yeah, are you and Paul officially dating yet," Bonnie asked with a sly smile. Miette's blush disappeared and was replaced with a sad expression. "No we aren't. He bearly speaks and he seems so cold. I really like him, but I have no idea how he feels towards me," said Miette as she looked towards the ground. Shauna, who was sitting next to Miette, gave her a side hug, as Serena and Bonnie ran around to her side of the table gave her a hug too. "Ok, thanks, I feel better now," Miette said as she laughed from the attention. "Good, now listen up," said Serena as she looked Miette in the eye, "from what Ash has told me about Paul, I think he most definatly likes you." "You really think so," asked Miette with a hopeful look in her eyes. "I know so. The way he acted towards you at the dance party is enough proof. From what Ash has told me he wouldn't ever help someone if he didn't have to. And the way he stood up and defended you from your security, he would have to love you to take that kind of risk," Serena explained. "Thanks," said Miette. "Just give it time. I'm willing to bet he just isn't used to these feeling and is being careful not to get his heart broken," said Serena.

It was morning and the Pokemon Center cafeteria was extremely busy with performers and other people there for the Master Class. Everyone was sitting at the table like they normally would, except for three people. "Come on Paul, at least try and cheer up a little," Miette pleaded when she saw Paul glaring at Tierno. "She's right you know. You can't win them all," added Ash. "Its not that I lost the battle, it's that I lost to him. My Pokemon are stronger, the only reason they beat us was because they waited until our Pokemon were too exhausted battling each other to be able to stand against them before they attacked," Paul said through his teeth.

During the battle royal Ash and Paul only focused on beating each other and completely ignored Tierno and Korrina as they just sat back and waited. So when Pikachu and Drapion were too tired, Mega Lucario and Mega Blastoise came in and finished them off. After that Blastoise bearly managed to pull off a win against Lucario. That left Tierno feeling very full of himself this morning, which just made Paul more angry.