30- The final countdown

Start from the beginning

Eventually they had me cornered and I couldn’t kick all of their knives out of their hand so I was practically screwed. Well until I heard the familiar sound of a certain brunette in the other room who sounded like he was up and walking towards the kitchen. “Ash, I’m sure it doesn’t take that long to make ice-cream” He seemed to add a bit of a laugh after as if to joke but I could hear the masked hint of fright.

When he finally rounded the corner still in his pair of boxers and ruffled hair, I was being held back by some huge bulk builder with guys standing around me like a barricade holding knives towards me in case I decided to break free like a caged animal. The look on his face when he finally met me was a mixture of fright for my wellbeing and surprise until he looked down and saw the amount of guys I killed then he looked back up proudly and my heart swell in victory.

“May I ask you gentlemen why you have Asha by the neck as though you’re about to kill her?” Kolton asked in his most formal voice and it was as if I was being faced with a whole new person. Gone was the bad boy, standing in front of me was an informative business man.

“She killed mike, we gotta kill her to get the gang back” the one behind me grunted in a gruff tone that sent shivers of disgust down my spine and make me want to dry heave right on the spot so I could puke on his shoes to get him away from me. Then I would probably have more of a chance in killing him and watching his blood pour out of his neck and all over the floor joining the spilt blood of his brothers.

“You don’t have to kill her” He said in a smartass tone back which I was sure left the guy behind me in confusion seeing as he wasn’t saying anything nor tightening or loosening his grip on me. I was kind of glad he didn’t tighten his grip on my neck though because that wouldn’t be very fun.

“I gotta kill her or else the little bitch stays our leader” He finally replied harshly towards Kolton. I could feel the tension swelling in the air as the two seemed to have some sort of staring competition going on until one broke. I assumed it was the guy who had me by the next because next thing you know Kolton’s grinning like a madman on crack.

“I’m mikes son. I demand you let her go and I will give one of you the new position seeing as I was meant to take over” He said in his most formal tone he could which almost made up for the fact that he was only in a pair of boxers.

Murmurs erupted throughout the room about who could be the new leader until the guy behind me shouted “shut up all of you, that’s enough of this nonsense!” When he said nonsense I wasn’t sure if he meant the thought of someone being elected or their thoughts that it could be anyone but himself. I was assuming it was the second but I was open for arguments because it was only an assumption.

“well, are you up for it or not?” Kolton pushed and I was wondering if he was trying to piss him off because if he was then it was sure working seeing as the knife was slowly but surely pressing into my next and was drawing blood. I looked at Kolton with a what-the-hell-do-you-think-you’re-doing look and he seemed to receive it because then he spoke again. “Let her go and you can be the leader.” Kolton said as if speaking to a kid on the verge of a temper tantrum.

Soon enough he let go and grinned in triumph that he was now the new leader of one of the strongest gangs in the world. I quickly ran over to Kolton’s side because I wouldn’t want to be over there if he changed his mind about this whole ordeal.

“You realise she has to die, it’s against the code for her to live even if she gives her position to someone, there’s always the fact that she’s also leaving the gang” Someone pointed out and he seemed to be one of the smarter guys there that would get all information in which the other guys would act upon.