11- hunting unicorns

Chapter 11- hunting unicorns

“What’s a pretty little girl doing in a bad place like this” Some old guy with only half his teeth and no hair asked me with a playful grin.

“Oh, you know, just hunting unicorns” I shrugged sarcastically and he looked at me funny “I was being sarcastic” I said and he still looked dumbfounded “It was a joke” I pointed out.

“Well why didn’t you say so” He now seemed mad at me and that was probably because I managed to make him look really stupid in front of his friends.

“normally most people can understand sarcasm” I deadpanned.

“Are you saying I’m stupid?” He said rudely and all I did was nod which was a pretty stupid move on my behalf.

I was pushed up against the wall behind me and it was like one of those cliché girl bumps into the wall moments except this wasn’t a cute guy, and it wasn’t romantic, and he had his knife against my throat but still it reminded me of those book moments oh and also I wasn’t terrified about being held against a wall with a knife at my throat because I so knew how to get out of the hold.

“Don’t call me stupid” He growled and his voice darkened. After a few seconds there was a whole crowd of them around me and I realised that I had gotten myself into a fight with a gang.

“Awe crap man! I got myself into a gang fight already.” I sighed exasperated.

“You make it sound like we are weak.” Another man said and came from behind shadows. He had those cool multi-coloured eyes where one was green and the other was blue, his nose was crooked and probably from all the times he has broken it oh and don’t even get me started on those teeth, yuck!

“Well I’m not screaming for help so you obviously don’t have a weak little girl who can’t defend for herself.” I pointed out the obvious “Now let me go of you will all be screaming in pain about your balls when I’m finished.” I said casually and I think I saw one or 2 of the 5 gulp. The guys all looked pretty intimidating but I know I can take them down easily. It was actually really finny that the chick from earlier today actually thought she could beat me in a fight.

“No” One of them said stubbornly.

“Are you sure about that?” I asked and looked to my left where to see probably the bulkiest of them all. He had a shaved head and scars all over which made him appeal scarier.

“Yes” Was all he said so I just shrugged and switched positions with the  guy who held we against the wall then bent his arm that was holding the blade and took it from him putting it in my pocket. It was a pretty nice blade to be honest so I was going to keep it.

“Now, you will let we walk out now with any weapons of yours that I please and you will not touch me. Is that understood” I narrowed my eyes at the guy that I was holding up. He gulped but didn’t do anything so I bashed him against the wall and when I saw him wince I smirked “Am I understood?!” I growled lowdly and I got a chorus of loud yes’s.

To put it short I ended up with some new nice and expensive guns, knives and blades which would take a very long time for me to earn money for.

I heard them all yelling at each other when I got out which I laughed at because they were all blaming each other for me taking their things. To be honest I thought they were really stupid because I could have been bluffing about my fighting skills.

That wasn’t as fun as some of the guys back where I used to live. It’s probably because I’m in a better area and I didn’t stir them up enough to make it fun enough. I know right now you’re thinking I’m crazy for even wanting to get involved with a gang but trust me when I say this, I’ve seen more gangs then there are elements on the periodic table of elements. I like science so I know there are 112 that count for it because the other elements aren’t fully counted. I’m good at maths, science and art not poem writing, learning about dead people and looking at a map. I like being able to solve problems straight on and not have to do some analogy crap.