17- Doodles and Inside voices

Chapter 17- Doodles and inside voices

“Ash!” I whipped my head around to find Kolton making his way to my locker on this fine Monday morning. Ugh, who am I kidding, Monday sucks.

“What’s up Cocky McCockypants?” I asked looking expectedly at him.

“Cocky McCockypants?” Kolton questioned with raised eyebrows. He was trying to keep his face serious but he cracked and burst out laughing.

“Yep, you have a nickname for me so I’m testing them out on you.” I said obviously at his stupidity. “Why else would I call you some weird name?” I asked and rolled my eyes at him.

“Well you are Asha” He shrugged and I motioned for him to continue “You’re not afraid to speak your thoughts, you’re obnoxious, and you’re great at fighting!” He said a little too loudly.

“Yeah, ok Barney, use your inside voice” I shushed him because people that were walking past were starting to start. It was one thing for the two badasses to get into a dodge ball fight and end up rolling around the floor tackling each other but it was another for them to be holding a normal conversation when they could be off polishing their bike- in his case- or bludging school.

“So how’s the nickname hunt going for you?” He asked.

“How do you think Sherlock? I’ve called you three different names within the span of two minutes.” I deadpanned.

“Yeah I know, I just wanted you to admit that I’m better at finding nicknames than you.” He smirked smugly “Anyways did you really beat up mike last night?” He asked in astonishment.

“Yes.” I dragged out and I knew he was going somewhere with this.       

“Well obviously you’re good enough to go against The Black Dragon. What do you say? I’ll be your escort.” He pleaded.

“Why Kolton you’re so romantic that you’re going to escort me to an alley full of old guys punching each other.” I said sarcastically and placed a hand over my heard just to add effect while on the inside I was just hoping and pleading that he wouldn’t push it and would let me not go as Asha against The Black Dragon.

“But think about it! Imagine if you beat the Black Dragon.” He said but I turned to walk away. “Seriously Asha, think about it.” He said from behind be as I made my way to maths. I may be good at it but it doesn’t mean that I like it.

~            

I made my way to the back of the class and sat in my usual seat. I got out my notebook and I was prepared to doodle in it but I was disturbed when someone cleared their throat.

“What?!” I yelled with a glare at the person. I am so not a morning person and having to deal with Kolton and his stupid tactics of me beating myself aren’t putting me in a very good mood.

“Hi, my name is Adrien and I was wondering if the thing about you beating Mike Tyman yesterday was true.” He said awkwardly and I was just glad that he didn’t add because you’re a girl to the end or else all hell would break lose.

“Yes it’s true.” I grunted and kept my eyes on the paper in front of me.

“I think that’s pretty cool and all.” He said so that was when I decided to actually look at the person. He was cute but nothing compared to Kolton, dang, why am I always comparing to that jerk face? He had light brown hair that could pass as dirty blonde and he had cute hazel eyes. Honestly he wasn’t my type because let’s be honest, he’s a bit of a suck up and I don’t think he’s very high on the badass factor. Well that and I don’t really do long term relationships because one, I move too often and two, I don’t like them enough to want to be with them forever because they’re too boring.