19- Falling

Chapter 19- Falling

KOLTON POV

I was sitting in my little apartment with my mum when my phone went off. I almost never have anyone call me so it must be important. I excused myself and went to my room.

“Hello?” I asked into the phone.

“Kolton?” I heard the sound of Rick- Ash’s dad- flow through the phone.

“Hey Rick” I smiled and my shoulders relaxed from tension I didn’t even realise I was holding

“I was wondering if you could go and check on Ashley for me because she said she would call me after she finished packing and it’s been over five hours.” He sounded really worried but I didn’t understand because this was Asha we were talking about.

“Ok?” I said but it was spoken as a question.

“She’s normally fast when it comes to packing she’s excited for and I know she doesn’t have too much stuff to pack.” He continued.

“I’ll go get her but why can’t you” I didn’t mean to sound rude or anything but it’s his daughter and I’m pretty sure she hates me. The only reason we really hang out is because of our classes together. Ok, sure she’s hot and everything and certainly my type but who am I kidding, I’m Kolton Scomparsa, the guy who beats anyone who gets on my slight nerve whereas she’s just always calm and collected unless she’s around me.

“I’m working right now.” He said awkwardly. We finished the conversation so it wouldn’t get awkward. I hopped in my car and drove down the roads going a little bit faster than the suggested 40 km/h but what fast car owner doesn’t go over the speed limit.

I got to her house about 5 minutes earlier than the 15 minute drive but was stuck behind 2 slow old cars. One parked next door but the other was just sitting in the middle of the road with the old bag talking to someone out the window.

As I was waiting I heard a bang and it sounded just like a gunshot. That’s when I started panicking because if Ash really is in danger then I wouldn’t have any friends from school anymore. I wouldn’t see her cute brown hair or her eyes light up around chocolate ice-cream. I wouldn’t be able to see her outfits that she just seems to pull off so effortlessly. I would miss her to be honest. Yes, I sound like a girl but I never see my only other friend because he’s always out working.

I beeped my car horn and then the old lady finally started moving for a few seconds before she came to a surprise stop. I looked out the window to see someone driving out of Ash’s driveway which made me start panicking even more.

When I had enough room to park I swing into the spot and raced into her house. The door was left wide open and there were little droplets of blood splattered from the door to the staircase. “She must have started making a run for it” but then I saw that they stopped and there was a big patch on the sixth step up. Well that isn’t good.

With my mind jumping to conclusions I ran up the stairs 2 at a time and then saw a huge patch of blood sitting outside a bedroom door to the right. It looked like someone just poured a bottle of coloured red water on the floor; there was that much.

I assumed the door to the right was her room and when I swung the door open I was frozen in shock. She must have been extremely outnumbered to look this battered up and bruised because she managed to take me down pretty easy as well as Mike Tyman last night so she must be amazing. I still wonder why she was hesitant about fighting the Black Dragon. It’s funny though because her personality from when you first meet her is like a dragon; scary and intimidating, but when she warms up to you it’s an amazing feeling because you know that she doesn’t do it too many people.