Tobys party!

Chapter 13 Toby's party!

//Abi's POV\\

6:00

"Hey Grace!" I say as she looks at me and smirks "why are you making that face at me?" I ask laughing.
"Oh nothing, did you remember Toby's party today?"
"Of course I did you wolly!" I reply.
"What did you get him then?"
"Well my friend........ that is a surprise!" I say.
"Oh for god sake" she says and laughs.
"C'mon we'd best help with the decorations in the common room, there's only an hour 'till the party" I say as we walk to the huge common room. I see loads and loads of banners covering the walls. There's balloons with the number 14 on them in multiple colours. The room looks amazing! all the karaoke equipment is set up-I hope I don't have to do it I hate singing in front of loads of people- it should be a brilliant party.
"Hey Abi! have you come to help?" Kim asks.
"Er yeah if there's anything I can do"
"Well you can bring the food from the kitchen and put it on the back table" she points out the table and I nod. Grace and I scurry to the kitchen. On the counter there is a player full of, mini pizzas, and a few bowls of different crisps aswell as two big plates of cakes (including Jaffa cakes) plus a whole lot more. we carefully carry them into the common room(on the other side of the building)watching where we walk.
It's about 6:30pm everything is in place and working and the party starts in half an hour! I really can't wait! karaoke, dancing, laughing and just having fun basically, that's my kind of party.
About 5 minutes before Toby arrives with martyn and kaeyi we all hide in the room- under the tables, behind the stage curtains, lurking in the dark- ready to yell a massive 'surprise' at him.
2 minutes to go. I find my hiding place, behind the curtain with area 11 and a couple more people, and take out my phone counting down the time.
1 minute to go. Everyone's quieting down and shushing people to a completely silent room.
30 seconds. I hear people down the hallway talking. getting closer and closer. Then someone opens the door.

//Toby's POV\\

What's going on it's too quiet, then again I've never really been to yogtowers that often, usually everyone is talking there's laughter and shouting but there's nothing.
Martyn takes me to the common room which I haven't actually been in since I met Abi. speaking of Abi I haven't spoken to her for ages! (2-3 days) oh god I feel bad. Well she's had grace so she should have been fine. Martyn opens the door and looks at me smirking.
"What?!?!" I say worried. Then....

"SURPRISE!!!!!!" I hear a huge amount of voices all at once. I see Abi on the stage smiling her usual angelic smile. there's a enormous pile of gifts in a corner of the room (which Grace was hiding behind)and a long table full of food and snacks. Lights, everywhere in all colours, they are dancing along with the music which was faintly playing in the background.
"Thank you!" I say gratefully. I was happy.
10 minutes of thank yous later and the party begins!!
People cheering and dancing. Oh god I just realised! Drunkan! God knows what he's like when he's drunk. anyway I turn my attention to the food table where Abi and Grace stand, eating. I walk over to them.
"Hey guys"
"Hey" they both say.
"Happy birthday" Abi says to me. I smile as she smiles at me.
"Thanks!" I reply. I see grace go over to kaeyi while stuffing a Jaffa into her mouth.
"Erm I wanted to err tell you. Something" I say, I'm actually going to tell her. hope this goes well. God.
"Ok" she says still smiling strikingly.
"And the next pair to sing together will be....." sparkles* was announcing the next 'couple' to find a duet. he was using a spotlight much like 'High School Musical' don't ask how I know that.... please? suddenly and bright white light shined upon me and Abi, she was laughing but I was not. Me? sing? a duet? you've got to be kidding me.