Chapter 31

Ayame's clone woke the next morning, staring at the ceiling as memories flashed through her head. Her clone sat up slowly and looked over at Rokuro, silently slipping out of bed. The clone put the dress back on, glancing at him a final time before slipping from the window. She disappeared as she met Ayame who waited below the window.

Ayame walked around aimlessly, gasping as she felt a sudden hand grab her.She turned to look up at Kakashi who seemed relieved to see her.

"Well?"

"He's definitely a shinobi of some type. I saw a lot of scrolls and pictures. I don't know his jutsu, but-"

"You should have taken him out while he was off guard." Kakashi huffed dryly as she peered up at him.

"What's wrong with you today?" Ayame inqueried as he shook his head.

"Well, I'm ready to change." She grumbled as he hummed and looked away.

"You smell like sake." He commented as she rolled her eyes.

"Kakashi, I know I smell like Sake I was at a bar last night, remember?"

"Whatever." He grumbled as they stepped out the alleyway and into the streets. They left the village and returned to the shop, Kakashi dressed in all black this time as she wore a simple shirt, black fish nets, and her shorts. Ayame followed Kakashi around, finally putting her hair down as she sighed.

"You thought you could play me?" Ayame gasped at the rough voice and turned, hands enclosing around her neck.

"Ayame!" Kakashi yelled as a kunai was placed to her neck. Ayame looked up in horror to see Rokuro, his eyes glaring at Kakashi.

"Take another step and I'll kill her." He warned and she swallowed slowly.

"You thought you could trick me?!" He roared, pushing her back against a wall. Ayame attempted to move but he slammed the kunai into her hand, pinning her. She gasped as he pulled out another and slammed it in her other hand, turning to Kakashi.

Ayame gasped as the blood dripped down the kunai on the ground where her feet shook uncontrollably.

"Just who are you?" Kokuro glared at the two of them as Kakashi took out his eye contact, tossing it carelessly on the ground.

"It won't matter once you're dead!" Ayame coughed, making him turn.

Kakashi took the opportunity to move forward, delivering a much stronger punch that slammed him into the wall beside her. He gritted his teeth, dragging himself off the wall as he moved forward and cracked his neck.

"This is pathetic." He growled as Kakashi glared up at him. Rokuro moved forward, slamming his fist on the ground slow enough for Kakashi to move out the way. He landed a little ways back, cracking his neck.

Rokuro charged forward at an unreal speed, Ayame's eyes fixating on him to understand he was behind Kakashi. He turned expectantly, dipping his shoulder to avoid a Kunai and throw another in return. It skimmed Rokuro's neck, Kakashi leaping back.

"Water bullet, jutsu!" Rokuro spat out bullets of water, Kakashi expertly dodging them until one slammed into him unexpectedly. He flew back, evaporating into water and revealing he was actually a clone as the bullet managed to still hit Ayame's gut. She grunted, spitting up blood as she looked up weakly.

Kakashi's hands reached from the ground, grabbing ahold of his feet as another Kakashi ran forward.

His chidori was larger than usual in his hand, but as he placed it to Rokuro's chest, Rokuro's arm avoided the fatal blow and moved it out the way. Kakashi stared in surprise as Rokuro cackled.