Chapter 1

"Ay-am-e...! Ay-am-e!"

The bed rumbled underneath the Ayame's head as she shot up, a sudden alertness overtaking her. Her sea green eyes resembled moons as she looked around, her dark red hair messy and knotted atop her head.

"What? What? Earthquake?!" Ayame rolled off the bed and covered her head. To her dismay, the only thing that shook the ground was when her younger sister leapt off the bed and landed unsteadily.

"Mama and Da-da say-it time for school." She reported as Ayame groaned and stood.

"Sayakah, how many times have I told you not to jump on my bed like that!" Ayame scowled as Sayakah howled in laughter. She retreated out the room, walding on her premature legs.

Ayame gave a groan and stood. Well this is it...my first day back at the academy.

Ayame trudged to the bathroom and peered into the mirror. She turned on the water after a moment, splashing her face with the water while simultaneously scrubbing off the dry skin and dirt from the previous day.

She returned to her room and quickly changed, picking up the clothes her mother had laid out for her.

Ayame put on the black shorts and light shirt, carefully analyzing herself in the mirror. She hummed softly as she took a hair-tie from her desk and slowly tied the lower half of her shirt up.

"Hello." She recited, dropping her hands and beaming at her reflection. "I'm Ayame Uchiha! I am the daughter of the Great Uchiha Defenders, Manzo and Yasmin." Ayame burrowed her palm into her forehead and shook her head.

"No. No. Come on Ayame." She breathed slowly, opening her mouth to recite the words again.

"Ayame!" Her mother called and she groaned.

"Coming!" She yelled. Ayame turned out her room, running down the stairs. She ran through the patio, which was surrounded by cherry blossom trees,leading into the kitchen.

"Goodmorning!" Her mother smiled as she took a seat at the table. She planted a kiss on Ayame's forehead, her dad walking in to join them. He yawned, scratching his stomach nonchalantly.

"Goodmorning Hothead." He rested his hand atop her head. Ayame squirmed, her mother's eyebrows furrowing in disapproval.

"Ayame, did you brush your hair?" She demanded. Ayame shook her head and her mother sighed.

Ayame's mother pulled a chair up to the table and sat down, placing her hands together.

"Thanks for the food!" Ayame beamed, hungrily digging into her plate. Her mother tilted her head back, calmly brushing through her hair. She put the short hairs in the front up into two small buns, leaving the rest down.

"See how you pretty you look now?" Her mom admired, stepping beside her father infront of Ayame.

"Yeah..." She mumbled, finishing her plate. Ayame stood up, pushing her chair in.

"Mama, I'm ready." She smiled. Her mother stood along with her father who picked Sayakah up from her chair.

"Alright then let's get going." Her father mused. He led Ayame outside with Sayakah on his back, their mother waving after them.

"Goodmorning Manzo!" The Uchihas echoed respectfully as Manzo, Ayame's father, guided her to the Academy.

"Hey Itachi!" Ayame suddenly yelled. She ran around her father, greeting the boy.

"You're still short I see." He mused and she pouted.

"Hello Itachi." Her father joined behind Ayame, Itachi dipping his head.