Chapter 11

Ayame self-consiously rose early the next morning and catiously stepped outside. She sat against the walls of the cavern, closing her eyes. What felt like a few seconds turned into minutes until Ayame felt a warm prescence infront of her closed eyes.

She slowly peeked, gasping at the sight of a large face before her. It was a snow leapord with crystal blue eyes. He was a little bigger than Maiya, who was about the size of a horse. He snorted and stepped back, narrowing his eyes.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes sir." She stood. He turned, waiting for her to join beside him.

"Alright, so what we'll be working on is leg strength." He informed. "We should start with something...simple. How about..." He looked around in the large clearing. We're going to go on a hike."

"A hike?"

"Up that snowy mountain and back. No breaks. And you have to stay at my pace. If you loose track of me, I will not stop and turn around to search for you. Is that understood?"

"Yes sir." she nodded. Yukichi turned and walked forward, Ayame rushing after him.

"Have you ever done muscle and leg excercises before, Ayame?"

"Nah." she hummed. "Not really."

Yukichi hummed a reply and although he did not expect her to keep up, he went at his usual pace and almost immediately left her behind. As he was halfway down his decline, he spotted her just reaching the peak of the mountain. She hunched over and panted, her hair falling over her head in the process.

Yukichi waited at the bottom as Ayame slowly walked down. She nearly collapsed upon him but he snarled and stepped back so she would not touch him.

"No!" He snapped, Ayame giving him an irritated look. "You will walk home through the pain of your aching muscles. If you want to get better, you will go through pain. Is that understood?!"

"Whatever." She huffed, leaning against the tree.

Yukichi narrowed his eyes, flicking his tail.

"Earth shattering roar!" he cried, the tree collapsing behind her as sound waves projecting out his mouth.

"Start walking." He stated bitterly and turned.

Ayame's days were split between morning workouts with Yukichi and afternoon strategy games with Jasmine. Jasmine was a lot more laid-back than Yukichi and often played strategic games to make Ayame think. Her days were scheduled like this for nearly two month before she was taken to Chuichi.

By the end of those two months, she was already favored and popular among the cats. She took care of cubs oftern and was very loving towards them.

She moved onto agility and speed training with Maiya which consisted of a mile sprint across the land and an agility obstacle course through the trees and a rigid obstacle course in a ravine.

That took up the afternoon although in the morning she spent jutsu practice with the elder cats. They taught her cat Justus which she practiced non-stop with her hands. Her schedule stayed that consistent for five more months, changing after Maiya was reluctantly satisfied with her progress.

She then went into training under Koto's medical techniques. She only learned minor things randomly throughout the rest of her stay, but for the most part adapted to the culture of the cats.

After nearly a year and a half, underneath this study, Ayame was ready to return to her world.

Chuichi gathered all the cats in a large clearing.

"Ayame Uchiha, a young student who has served underneath us for over a year now is ready to return back to her realm." Sad silence followed the announcement.

Chuichi stared down at her and lowered his gaze.

"She...She has grown into not a friend, but family to us all. She has dedicated five years of her life to study with us and for that, has grown into a fine young shinobi. Ayame Uchiha, we swear to protect you and the ones you love. We are your summonings." They bowed their heads, revealing Ayame who had grown lean, yet still short, with a much athletic build. Her hair was near her mid-thigh and still thick. She had a Grey body suit on with low black shorts, sporting a beaded bracelet.

She nodded her head and turned to Chuichi, Daimu, and Sosuke. Koto raised her head proudly.

"Until we meet again." Ayame smiled before her body poofed and she disappeared.