“Tyler!” I screeched and hit him playfully.

He started chuckling and said, “Come on! Get in!” He put his hand on the small of my back and started pushing me inside, lightly.

“Here?” I asked. “I thought we-“

“Not exactly here!” he said. “Just start walking,” he said as he covered my eyes with his hand from behind me.

I started walking in the direction he was taking me. He had his one hand on my eyes and the other was holding on to my waist as he guided me forward. “Watch your steps,” he said as we started climbing the staircase.

“Where are we going?” I asked impatiently.

He chuckled and said, “Can’t you just walk?”

After walking some more he finally stopped. “Okay! I’m removing my hand but just don’t open your eyes, alright?”

I didn’t say anything but just smirked.

“Hazel!” he said in an annoyed tone.

I chuckled and said, “Okay fine!”

He stepped away from me and I guess, opened a door.

“Okay, so now open your eyes,” I heard him say.

I did as I was told but as I did, my eyes widened to the size of saucers and after I was done gaping at the scene in front of me, my lips slowly twitched into a broad smile. I took small steps to where Tyler was standing and said what was going on in my mind.

“Tyler!....This is,” I looked around at everything. “This is…wow….this is so beautiful!” I squealed as I clapped my hands together like a small kid.

We were on the terrace and theirs was a really big one. In the middle was made a canopy out of yellow fairy lights and the poles supporting it were also covered with the lights. Under the canopy was laid a table with white table cloth and two chairs. There was a beautiful candlestick with burning white candles and some plates and a bigger dish covered with a lid on top of it.

It just looked so surreal, like a scene out of a pop-up fairytale book. And just this thought that he had made such a big effort for this so called ‘dinner’ of ours, was so overwhelming.

I looked back at him and found him smiling sheepishly. “Yeah, well…” he said and ran a hand through his hair. “I….I,” He exhaled loudly. “I just thought you’d like it.”

I smiled widely and looked around once more. “I love it!” It came out more as an amazed murmur.

He smiled back and pulled a chair out. “Milady?” he said and we both chuckled.

“Thanks, um…Tyler?” I said and laughed.

He took the seat in front of me and grabbed the handle of the lid, but before lifting it off, he said, “Okay, I know this is stupid but we were kinda out of supplies so….” He took the lid off, “This is what we’ll be having.”

I looked at the dish and started laughing. “Really, Tyler? First you invite me to dinner….then all this,” I move my hands around to point to the whole setting. “And this is what you’ve got to feed me? Sandwiches?” I chuckled.

“Will you just eat? At least they are edible!” Yeah right!

“Okay but next time I want something better!” I said but then bit my tongue and grimaced.

Next time? Don’t let your horses fly Miss Justice!

“Done!” he said and smiled and I relaxed as he had not noticed that.