Chapter 2 Making friends

Percy PoV:

"Morning mom."I said as I walked into the kitchen, and grabbed a plate of pancakes. I started shoving a fork full of pancakes into my mouth.

"Percy dont eat so fast you're gonna choke." My mom said.

"Im fine mom." I said wiping my mouth on the back of my sleeve. I heard a loud noise outside and stopped eating to listen.

"Hurry Percy that must be the bus." My mom said tossing me my backpack. I shrugged it over my shoulders.

"See ya later mom!" I called as I ran out the building. I climbed onto the bus I was plagued with nervousness.

What if I didn't make any friends? I thought to myself.

I started walking down the isle when I saw a beautiful girl with curly blonde hair, and startling grey eyes. I gave her a small wave and a smile, and then sat down.

"Hi!" Said a kid with the curliest hair I had ever seen, grinning from ear to ear

"My name is Leo what's yours?" He said sticking out his hand.
I reluctantly shook it and replied "Percy."

"Oo thats nice you should meet my friends Jason, Nico, Frank, he's chinese and Canadian, crazy I know-"

"Okay." I interrupted

The bus slowly pulled onto the campus of a large building with students milling around conversing.

"Here come on lets go we're here." He said as we pulled up to Goode high school

"Come on walk faster!" He said pulling me in tow behind him. He let go of my wrist and ran over to a group of guys.

"Hey guys I want you to meet our new friend Percy!" He said pointing over to me
"Okay so this is Jason, Nico, Frank, and Noah." He said pointing them out as he said they're names. 'Check making friends of my list of thing to do this year' I thought in my head.

"Hey Percy I'll go with you to the principals office to get you checked in." Said a tall guy with blonde hair that I assumed was Jason.

"Mkay, lead the way." I said walking after him.

"Soo." He said trying to make small talk " what school did you go to before this one?" He asked

"Well I've gone to a few schools before this one but I went to Marion High school in Manhattan." I said

"Well here we are." He said pulling open a door that has a sign labeled office above it

"I'll just wait out here for you." He said. I opened the door and walked up to a lady typing away on her computer.

"Your name?" She said not even looking up from the keyboard.

"Percy Jackson." I said. She quickly glanced up from her computer and handed me a schedule.

"Here you go your first class is on the 3rd wing, first door on the left." She said going back to her computer. I looked down at my schedule.

Mr. Brunner Mythology
Mrs. Morgan Math
Mr. Blofis English
Mr. Hedge Gym
- lunch -
Mrs. Czapp Science
- free period -
Mrs. Guthrie Social Studies
- elective -