Chapter 45

Annabeths Pov

I woke up to go to school like any other day. It started with me scrambling to get into the shower and down the stairs before the bus pulled in front of our apartment. But I knew something was wrong as soon as I got to school.

Sure maybe most of the students weren't attending school, there was only a week of school left.

But Percy rarely ever missed school.

It was strange walking around the halls to my locker without him by my side. I felt bare as if I were walking around with no clothes on. I felt safe with him.

I knew I was over reacting, he was only gone for a day.

I just had separation anxiety, that's all.

***

I walked the halls of the school not paying attention to the people call out greetings. I just wanted to go home, so that I can eat and sleep.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket.

P- sorry I missed you today I had to fly out to Europe to take care of some family things.

I quickly texted back my reply,
A- I really missed you hope it goes alright xox

I sighed and continued on to my last class.

***

The bell ringing jolted me awake

Did I fall asleep in my architecture class?

I hurriedly stuffed my books and papers into my open backpack, before running from the classroom in effort to catch the bus.

I raced down the hall pushed my way through the prongs of students, making it just in time before the bus pulled out from the front of the school parking lot.

I wiped the sweat from my brow.

I'm so glad this day is over with.

***

I picked up the large slice of cheesy pizza, and stuffed it into my mouth.

I'm a stress eater.

The door bell rang through the living room, making me glance down at my outfit of a tank top and yoga pants.

I hope it's not someone important.

I set down my slice of pizza and walked over to the door pulling it open with ease.

There sat in front of me was the largest bundle of roses I had ever seen.

My phone lit up on the couch.

A grin lit up my face as I read the text,
P- I hope you like the roses I didn't know which kind you like so I ordered all of them. I hope to make it up to you with a date later this week.

"Annabeth who was at the door." my father called from his office.

"Nobody."

***

I know I know I bet some of you thought I was dead.

I'm sorry but I suffer from a serious case of writers block, and laziness.

I hope to be able to update more once Im done with school.