Chapter 1 The mortal life

~ disclaimer ~

I do not own any of the HoO characters.

To the side is Taylor Swift's new song wonderland I just really thought it fit this story.
___________________________

Annabeth

I let out a loud groan as I smash my hand on top of the screeching alarm clock. Why does school have to be so early?

"Annabeth honey get ready for school you dont want to be late on your first day" I heard my step mother call from the kitchen downstairs. I lazily swung my legs from beneath the warm covers and onto the cold floor. I rubbed my eyes before glancing over at the clock one more time. 6:45 I only have twenty minutes until the bus comes! I shot to my feet and dashed into the bathroom quickly brushing my teeth, I threw some clothes on and ran downstairs to go get some breakfast.

"What no good morning dad?" My dad chuckled as I walked past him towards the pantry.

"Morning dad." I said placing a quick peck on his cheek. I browsed the pantry finally pulling out a loaf of bread.

"So are you excited for your first day of school?" He asked.

"Is that a trick question?" I asked smiling as I buttered my toast.

I barely got any butter on my toast before I heard a honk from outside on the street. I cursed under my breath, shoved my toast into my mouth, and ran for the door. I stumbled onto the bus and sat down next to my best friend Piper.

"Annabeth!" Piper squealed pulling me into an embrace "I haven't seen you all summer how have you been!" She said talking a million miles per hour.

"Good." I shrugged still trying to chew the rest of my breakfast. The bus came to a screeching halt infront of a large apartment building. I just stared out the window as Piper talked my ear off about how great her vacation in the Bahamas was.

"Annabeth were you even listening?" She snapped her fingers in front of my face trying to get my attention.

"Yeah-" The bus lurched to a stop, causing me to fly forwards, and practically kiss the seat in front of me. Piper burst out laughing as I held my nose and griped and glare plastered to my face.

The bus doors swing open, and in stepped a tall, lean boy with messy dark hair. He had a swimmers body, and as he got closer I could see that he had the most amazing sea green eyes.

Thank you lord for creating such a beautiful human being. I must have been staring because he gave me a shy smile and sat down a few seats infront of us.

"Whoa hotty alert." Sang Piper as she fanned her face, "But it seems as if you've already claimed him."