"Where is your daughter?"  I ask the woman.

The now bloody woman spit on my face. I chuckle and let her spit slide on my face as I have to let go of one of them to clean it off. This woman was a fierce slayer; her beauty was the first famous thing, and the rumors were correct. Even in the face of death, she was intense, and I stared at her angry eyes. I looked down at her.

This woman was a beauty reincarnated, the same as her skills, but I was better. And that's why I was sent to exterminate her entire family. I opened my mouth to threaten her again, but that's when I heard a slight sob coming from the dining room. 

"Gotcha," I said loud enough for the little girl to hear.

"Please," she groaned as she begged me for the kids' life, but I broke her neck and threw her to the side like she was nothing. Which she was to me. The guy let a rage-filled scream erupt from his mouth. I don't waste time on him; I twist his neck unnaturally and let his body fall to the floor. I grab the woman's shirt, ripping it off to clean my face, then drop it to the floor.

I chuckled and walked towards the dining room. I stood by the table, prolonging the suspense for the little girl, waiting for a scream and loud crying, but nothing came, so I ducked, putting on the most evil smile I could make. I love killing-

 I stared at the deep green eyes staring back at me. It was covered in tears, but there was no fear in them. I kept my smile, but I just couldn't kill her. Not that I hadn't killed a five-year-old before. That's why the council sent me. They knew I would have the job done. But there was something in Isabella's eye that I had never seen before, not even in a slayer, hell, or other vampires. They all knew and feared me, even human's sense of danger in me, but this girl was staring at me with defiance. As if daring me to touch her. She had the same look her mother had just given me moments ago. I couldn't kill her. Not yet. This has been too easy.

"It might be nice to give you the chance to let you grow, the hit me with your best shot," I smirk at her.

I stood up, letting go of the fabric, and walked out, chuckling. This will be fun. I went to the council and told them I didn't kill her. They were initially unhappy since we were on a schedule, as the hunters were still fighting us. I believe I had time to play my minor revenge game. My favorite one. The council laughed and let me have my fun.  This was not the first time I had killed a girl's family and let the girl find me years later with an act of revenge on her head. Only to have said girl fall in love with me, have her in my bed, then at the same time break her neck once I have my fill. The look of being betrayed again by me in a worse way was my favorite part. The council has been using this little game by now and knows I will get the job done, no matter what; I have never missed the mark before and never will.

****

 My memories change to the first time I saw Isabella Hathaway again. Only this time, she was grown.  

I was walking around the school after having sex with Lexi. For a vampire with a lot of experience...She was awful, the worst sex I ever had. I am going to need a cigarette to forget-

 Suddenly, a girl's head bumps into my head. There's a menacing glare in my face, and I am already thinking of ways to make this human pay.  Humans know by now not to bump into me like this. They learn to pay attention...The first thing that hits me is her aroma, her intoxicating scent. She smells like lavender and is not the cheap kind either; she is the expensive one. Her fragrance is becoming highly addicting, just like any drug would be. If that were the smell, I could practically taste her blood.