1.24: There's no such thing as happily ever after.

Start from the beginning

"Of course, I am asking you for your permission to make love," Leo finishes.

I smile at him. "I don't want to say no." I wrap my legs around his waist and guide his member inside my body...

* * * * * *

Making love with Leopold was something I couldn't describe. Not right now, at least. It was perfect. Leo knew how to make me squirm and be satisfied. It wasn't just sex; he went slow and kept his pace. I felt Leo's love for me as he demonstrated it with his body.

We made love for hours, and he made me happy every minute. I was a vampire and didn't need to rest. At our last orgasm, I collapsed on the bed with giggles. I put my head in Leo's chest with a big smile. Leo caresses my hair, making me feel human and vulnerable, so I get tired and drift off to sleep.

As I drift off to sleep, I know there is no going back into pretending I hate this man.

* * * * * *

The soft caress in my hair wakes me up. My eyes open slowly, and I look for the source of the hands, finding Leo with a small smile.

I feel myself smiling sheepishly, turning towards him and getting close to him until our lips touch. Leo puts his hands behind my back, bringing me on top of him, and just like that, his arousal through the sheets also turns me on.  He pulls me to him, kisses me hard, and is rough, demanding a reaction. A moan escapes my lips, giving Leo the response he wants.

Leo puts a hand on my leg and caresses it, creating goosebumps whenever his hands touch. He kisses my neck roughly, turning me the hell on.  I want him. I need him. He kisses me around, and I feel his erection against my body again. He wants me just as much as I like him.  He kisses me around, biting my lower lip.  "Isabella, you brought light into my dark world; you brought me back to life. I love-"

Suddenly, the door to my bedroom burst open.  We both sit down fast and glare towards the intruder.  The man is dressed in dress-up pants, a shirt, a bulletproof vest, and a holster with a gun. Leopold puts his hands into a fist and gives the man a death glare.

"Surprise," The guard says, staring at Leo with pure amusement. They seem to know each other.

"And you are?" Leopold says between gritted teeth. 

We all knew Leopold recognized the slayer.

"Now?" His smirk only grows if possible, but it is full of hate. "Part of your popularity is that you don't forget a face. You don't kill--"

"Well, I have a busy schedule," Leo says, interrupting the guard and starting to dress even faster. I bring the sheet to my chest and cover my body. "You don't expect me to remember every kill, do you?" 

Leo gives the guy a murderous glare. But for some odd reason, he is scared, too. I smile despite the seriousness of the situation. Leo is scared of me knowing his past.

"Now, Leopold Zach," the guy says with venom. "Let me finish," he winks at him. You know damn well what Leo did. "How come you don't claim you know me? You killed a member of my group and pretended not to know her?" 

Leo stiff.  "Fine. I killed your girlfriend. I bit and drained all her blood. With disgust, I might add," Leo smirks, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

"You fucking son of a bitch!" He swallows hard and seems to notice me. His anger leaves his body just like that. As if thinking payback. I gulp. Leo has a more genuine smirk. "Let me tell you what would happen if you do something stupid." He readies his gun and points it towards Leopold as if that were a silent command. Suddenly, there are people in the dorm dressed as slayers. They are all around the dorm room and behind him, dressed similarly. I gulp. "You make a move I don't like." He smirks. "And the council will be here to take you." The hunters move the gun towards me. Leo hiss startles me. It was fierce.

"Great. Just what I need. Do you die in the process? Because if I'm going to get time. I want to know you die--" 

The guard smirks at Leo with amusement. I, on the other hand, worry. I am starting to feel helpless and scared.

"Would you mind getting a dress?" He says, staring at me with disgust. I stand up fast and get dressed even quicker. "And to answer your question. I'm not dying tonight. I'm not here for you either." He stares at me and blows a kiss. I frown at him.

"Why are you here?" Leo asks carefully.

"For Isabella Hathaway, of course," he has an eternal smirk at this point. "She needs to answer a few questions."

"About what? I have told you I want nothing to do with you guys," I say nervously, but I feel wrong about this.

"She hasn't done anything!" Leo hisses at him, but there is a terror in his voice. He's thinking the same thing I am.

"Oh, but we have witness she has. We sent a girl here to protect her, and her neck was broken and left in the woods as if she were garbage. You weren't smart enough to hide the body, huh?" I bit my lower lip and looked down for a second. I didn't kill her, but she's dead because of me. "She is a high-rank Isabella, the daughter of the most powerful slayer, who happens to be a lawyer."

"Isabella didn't kill that bitch," Leo scoop I did. "So I am the one you want-"

"Nice try, Leopold Zach. You are Adak's progeny; you have immunity saying." We heard what he was saying. I am getting blamed for this... I turn to look at Leopold, who conveniently ignores me.

"There are ways to prove I did it. Let's go-" The slayers raise their guns toward me, making Leopold stop in his tracks.

"I already told you. I am here for Isabella Hathaway; you can continue your life." The slayer stares at me. "Let's go." Leo blocked the hunter's path toward me and fell to his knees in front of the hunters and me; we all stared at him in shock.

From the hunters' look, I know this is not the Leopold he knew. The guy kneeling in front of the hunter was a guy in love. Or at least I hope he was. The guard looks down at Leopold, enjoying his pain and drinking it.

"I killed that girl, I swear to you. I give up my immunity; please don't punish Isabella for something I did."

"You know better than anyone. Orders are orders. She's the one that needs to be punished." 

I find myself nodding in agreement with the hunter. I need to pay for my crime. Getting away with it would make my life a living hell. "I'll go," I whisper. 

Leo stands up and puts a hand on my waist, keeping me behind him. He is going to fight this. "Isabella is my progeny. This not only involves the slayers, it also involves the vampire council."

"Believe me, Adak is well aware of this decision; it has been decided," the hunters say.

"That's not fair--" Leo starts to protest.

"Fair?" The hunter spits. "You Leopold Zach is talking about fair?" The hunter glares at Leo so much that I fear for his safety. 

Leopold opens his mouth, and I see the stance. He's getting ready to fight, and there's no way we will win this fight. Since Leopold is focused on the hunters, he worries about THEM attacking him. I use all the strength I can muster and push him away from the hunters and me. I run towards the hunter, who grabs me and puts me behind them. The put a silver cuff on me.

"I'm okay with this, Leo."

"NO!" Leo growled, watching me in pain.

"Leo, please... be reasonable."

"Listen to your little girlfriend," the hunter says sarcastically. "If you want to fight this, go straight to Adak; if you step into our territory, we will kill you."

The hunters start dragging me away. "Let her go!" 

Leo's eyes turn black, and he steps towards the hunter. I elbow the guard holding me, making him let go of me. I run towards Leo's vampire speed and stand before him, between Leo and the silver bullet intended for him. The bullet hits my chest, missing my heart by mere luck.

Leo yells something, but I do not understand. I look up at him as he holds me in his arms, and everything around us becomes chaos...