Chapter-VII

Sam's POV

As I thought that things were going fine between me and Adrita, an unexpected thing happened one day.

"Hey Sam.... Can you please come to KG hospital right now"

"Are you crying? Why ? What happened?"

"My brother.... He.... "

She exploded into tears all of a sudden. I tried calming her down but it didn't work. I rushed to the hospital ward and found her sitting in a corner crying.

"Adrita what happened?"

"My bro is heavily injured from bike accident and is in the ICU. My parents are bankrupt already and they both went to get some loans and left me here... Doctor says that he should be operated immediately. I'm afraid Sam"

"Well I don't know what to say..... "

"If he isn't operated soon, he will die and I don't have money to start the operation"

Saying so, she hugged me tight. I took off my bracelet and told that I'll get her money as soon as possible.

I rushed to the nearby gold finance and got about 50,000 rupees. I collected some money from friends and rushed to the hospital.

As I went in, I saw Adrita hugging Richie. I went near them and sat down. She grabbed my hand and told that Richie had paid for everything and asked the doctors to give the best treatment.

I hid the money which I had and smiled at her. I saw Richie standing in the corner.

"Hey dude can I talk to you outside for a second?"

"Sure... I well didn't mean to hug your girlfriend.... It's that she.."

"Relax... come with me"

I signalled to Adrita that we both will be back soon and went outside.

"Richie.... Say the truth... Do you still love her?"

"What... huh... no.. Why should i... You are understanding things in a wrong way"

"Adrita once told that you will do anything for her... It's true right?"

"She is just a friend that's all... I want her to be happy and"

Tears formed in my eyes for some strange reason and I hugged Richie tight.

"Dude.... Don't lie to me... I know Adrita loves me now but you really love her more than me do you?"

"I just sold my car.... I'll get it back somehow... I do love her but she has told me many times strongly that she loves you"

I tried to hide my tears and removed the watch I was wearing. I gave it to him.

"You know Richie? I have been friends with Adrita for a long time but something was bugging me. Even though she loves me, I can surely sense her getting upset when I mention your name. She feels bad coz she knows you really love her and the fact that she can't give upon me as well"

"Well... she won't be happy if she knows that you gave this watch to me"

"Say to Adrita that I ditched her and I don't want a girlfriend who nags me for money"

"But Sam.... You'll break her heart and I'm not going to do that for sure"

"Do you really love her?"

"Yes I do... but.."

"No buts... promise that you'll do what I said... Keep Adrita happy and I know that you will do better as a boyfriend than me"

"I don't know what to say...."

"Here... keep this money.... Get your car back... take care of her and do contact me if you need more money as well. Please don't tell her the things which happened here. I'm not going to contact her again. Please let her know as if I ditched her on purpose. Don't break the promise you made to me just now"

Richie hugged me all of a sudden and said that he'll do the things which I said.

I gave him all the money that I had and walked home. I fell on the bed feeling like a saint with halo on head. I covered my face with a towel and let my emotions flow as tears.

After sometime, I got a call from Sasha. I rejected the call because I knew  Adrita must have said something.

Adrita's POV

As I was waiting for my brother's operation to be successful, Richie came in.

"Adrita I have some bad news for you"

"Tell me.... Hope it is not that bad compared to my bro's current condition"

"Sam ditched you. He told that he doesn't like you anymore and gave me this watch back to let you know and also he.."

"What! You must be a f****** lier how can you? What did you do? What happened?"

"I'm saying the truth Adrita. Its upto you whether you believe it or not"

I sat down startled. I felt like my world was split apart. As I cried, Richie shoved the watch I gave to sam in my hands.

"Sam did love you... but he gave up on you. He said he doesn't like you anymore. You can think whatever you want but I'm not lying. Just know that I love you and ill always be there for you"

As he said so, I saw Richie trying to hide his tears. I felt that he hid something from me.

As I was startled over things that happened, doctor came to me and said that my brother's operation was a success. After seeing my brother, I called Sasha.

"Hey are you free..can I speak to you now?"

"Its almost 1am here but you can tell me.... I woke up"

"I'm sorry to disturb you in the middle of sleep..... Did Sam say anything to you?"

"No why Adrita?"

I cried out to her. I told all the things that happened. She said that she'll call Sam and clear things out with me. As I was speaking, mom and dad arrived at the hospital.

I told Sasha that I'll call her later and told what Richie had done. My parents hugged him and went along with him to the room where my brother was sleeping.