Chapter-I

"Idiot, why are you not getting ready for the Christmas function?" dad shouted.

"How horrible! My holiday starts after tiring exams and dad wakes me at 8 am in the midnight?"

Sluggishly half angry and half afraid that my dad's temper may rise I got ready for the Christmas function. He was working in a social organization so he had to attend all social oriented functions. Since it was a function organised at one of the biggest slum areas in Coimbatore, he needed my help in distributing necessary goods for children as Christmas gifts.

As many important people were about to come to that function, I put on my favourite Peter England shirt with an Allen-Solly jacket!! Well wearing such branded dress gives me lot of happiness but my parents can't afford much of them.

I rushed in to my Maruthi car as dad was already waiting for a long time. In ten minutes, we reached that slum area. It was generally not a beautiful place, but that day it was stunning with Christmas decorations.

The function started with some beautiful performances from small children.When it was about to get over, I distributed the gifts for them. Well that smile from child's face I will remember forever. I felt so happy!!

A cute little girl came to me hugged me tightly and kissed me. I really felt ashamed! I would have missed such a beautiful day if my dad hadn't called me.

When my mind was crowded with these thoughts I saw a girl staring at me. She had a fair complexion, bright eyes, wavy hair and pink lips wearing a casual pink top with a simple black jeans. I was stunned because I had never seen such a beautiful girl in my life!!

I heard my dad shouting to me, I had to leave it seems! When I was leaving the place, I saw my friend Maradona chatting with that girl. If he knows her, then it will be easy to find who that girl is!! After I reached home, I called him through phone.

"Hey Mara!!"

"Ya da tell me"

"Today morning did you come to the slum area's big Christmas function?"

"Yes! Did you come there? I didn't know that you were there"

"It's ok. Hey! I have a favour to ask you"

"You always call me only when you need my favour! Tell idiot!!"

"You were chatting with a girl on function today know, who's she?"

"I always chat with many girls machi! Which girl are you talking about?"

"Dey that girl was wearing a pink shirt black jeans?"

"Oh! Ya ya I know, she's my cousin in a way!!"

"Hmmm...! What's her name?"

"Sola mudiyadhu poda! I won't tell you that"

"Why?"

"Venan da set aagadhu! It won't work. U have already been in a big trouble once so now listen to me"

"Please da! At least tell her name?"

"Ok fine! Give a treat at McDonalds tomorrow then I will tell you. I have some work catch you later bye!!"

"Dey! Just say the name!!"

I heard my phone beep! That idiot ended my call without any response. How dare he asks me treat for knowing a girl's name? Wait till I get to know the girl you silly mongoose.

Next day that crazy goose went bonkers eating chicken burgers and French fries more than usual. After all it's my money!! I got myself a coke and sat next to him.

"Dey Mara! Please tell about that girl now? I gave what you asked!"

"Her name is Shalini!! She's from Rajasthan but now she's studying in Bangalore"

"Is she in any social network?"

"Ya! Her Facebook ID is Shalini Rajput Hima. But believe me she has protected her Facebook profile da, You can't send her request"

"Then what's the use of you? Introduce me idiot!!"

"Ya like I have no other thing to do huh?"

"Please please please?"

"Ok loosu! She is my relative and her parents are North-Indians na so they don't stay in contact that much. She just came to the function yesterday because she had a little project work it seems. We rarely chat dude!"

"Oh I see. Any other way of communicating her?"

"Ya, she often put posts on Instagram so I get notified often"

"Ok thanks!!"

"Yash be careful!!"

"Why Mara, Is she bad?"

"No da not like that! She's very good but she doesn't like the south Indian traditions and cultures I think"

"Ok! I think I can change that"

"The next important thing is that she is filthy rich!! She has about five cars in her home. Even if she agrees, I don't think her parents will be happy about you"

"Well!! I will marry only Shalini Idiot, not her parents or her money."

"You went to that stage now? Gosh! I can't debate with you"

"Ha ha that's right!"

"Are you sure this is the girl you want in your life?"

"Yes da! I know. She has an aura of mystery surrounding her and I want to live in that!!"

"Why are you blabbering?"

"Yeah! Perhaps I am"

"You have already failed in love once remember?"

"So what? I'm trying to forget that"

"Ok Yash!! I'll help you anytime on this!! But promise you'll be careful"

"I will da mangoose! You don't worry silly"

"And please, don't ever tell her that I only gave you the details"

"Ya sure! You can vouch for that"

"Ok da! Thanks for the treat. Gotta go bye!!"

Well!! I got all the information that I needed. Giving that mangoose a treat was not a bad idea after all. So Shalini is a rich girl from Rajasthan huh? Well I may not be rich, but I do have a certain something in me which keeps me apart from everything! Hope so!

Well there's no harm in trying a beautiful girl!! Right?

Here's a girl tip #1!

When boy sees a girl he likes, he can imagine everything starting from holding hands to marriage and future kids! Kudos to all the single boys strong imagination!